William D Schlaff
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Barriers to conducting clinical research in reproductive medicine around the worldWilliam D Schlaff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Thomas Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Fertil Steril 96:801. 2011..We asked seven senior and accomplished investigators from around the world to share their experiences conducting research in reproductive medicine...
- Increasing burden of institutional review in multicenter clinical trials of infertility: the Reproductive Medicine Network experience with the Pregnancy in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PPCOS) I and II studiesWilliam D Schlaff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Academic Office Building 1, 12631 E 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Fertil Steril 96:15-8. 2011..It is timely to consider whether these changes better protect the interests and safety of human research participants. Clinical trial registration: ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00068861 and NCT00719186...
- Clomiphene, metformin, or both for infertility in the polycystic ovary syndromeRichard S Legro
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, M S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
N Engl J Med 356:551-66. 2007..The polycystic ovary syndrome is a common cause of infertility. Clomiphene and insulin sensitizers are used alone and in combination to induce ovulation, but it is unknown whether one approach is superior...
- Predictors of pregnancy in women with polycystic ovary syndromeMary E Rausch
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3458-66. 2009..Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common cause of anovulatory infertility. The selection of first-line therapies for ovulation induction is empiric...
- Ovulatory response to treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome is associated with a polymorphism in the STK11 geneRichard S Legro
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pennsylvania State University, M S Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, H103, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:792-800. 2008..Clomiphene and insulin sensitizers such as metformin are used to induce ovulation in polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), but the ovulatory response is variable, and the causes of this variation are poorly understood...
- Altering hirsutism through ovulation induction in women with polycystic ovary syndromeLauren W Roth
University of Colorado, Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Obstet Gynecol 119:1151-6. 2012..We investigated whether women who ovulate in response to treatment with clomiphene citrate, metformin, or both would have greater improvement in hirsutism compared with those who did not ovulate...
- Absence of secretory endometrium after false-positive home urine luteinizing hormone testingPeter G McGovern
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark 07103, USA
Fertil Steril 82:1273-7. 2004..To examine the proportion of cases with proliferative endometrium on biopsies performed after positive home urine LH testing...
- Total testosterone assays in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: precision and correlation with hirsutismRichard S Legro
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, M S Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, H103, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:5305-13. 2010..There is no standardized assay of testosterone in women. Liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC/MS) has been proposed as the preferable assay by an Endocrine Society Position Statement...
- The Pregnancy in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome study: baseline characteristics of the randomized cohort including racial effectsRichard S Legro
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Fertil Steril 86:914-33. 2006..To report the baseline characteristics and racial differences in the polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) phenotype from a large multicenter clinical trial (PPCOS)...
- Establishing a biologic specimens repository for reproductive clinical trials: technical aspectsStephen A Krawetz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Syst Biol Reprod Med 57:222-7. 2011..To facilitate such interoperability, the reagents and protocols that have been adopted by the RMN Biorepository for the collection and storage of serum, blood, saliva and sperm are described...
- Physicians' perspectives and practices regarding the fertility management of obese patientsIsiah D Harris
Division of Advanced Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Fertil Steril 96:991-2. 2011....
- Histological dating of timed endometrial biopsy tissue is not related to fertility statusChristos Coutifaris
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Fertil Steril 82:1264-72. 2004..To assess the ability of histological dating to discriminate between women of fertile and infertile couples. The utility of histological dating of endometrium in the evaluation of infertile couples is uncertain...