Suzaynn F Schick
Affiliation: University of California
- Thirty minute-exposure to aged cigarette smoke increases nasal congestion in nonsmokersSuzaynn F Schick
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, Box 0843, California 94143 0843, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 76:601-13. 2013..Data indicate a 30-min exposure to secondhand smoke at 1 mg/m³ PM increases subjective upper respiratory symptoms, increases urinary cotinine and NNAL, and produces objective nasal airflow obstruction in human subjects...
- Concentrations of the carcinogen 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone in sidestream cigarette smoke increase after release into indoor air: results from unpublished tobacco industry researchSuzaynn F Schick
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education and the Lung Biology Center, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, Box 0854, San Francisco, CA 94143 1390, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:1547-53. 2007....
- The exposure-dependent effects of aged secondhand smoke on endothelial functionPaul F Frey
Division of Cardiology, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 59:1908-13. 2012....
- Brief secondhand smoke exposure depresses endothelial progenitor cells activity and endothelial function: sustained vascular injury and blunted nitric oxide productionChristian Heiss
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0103, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1760-71. 2008..This study sought to analyze the effects of acute secondhand smoke (SHS) exposure on the number and function of endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) over 24 h...
- Pilot evaluation of the nasal nitric oxide response to humming as an index of osteomeatal patencyDENNIS J SHUSTERMAN
University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Rhinol Allergy 26:123-6. 2012..We hypothesized that the nasal NO response to humming will be proportional to radiographic osteomeatal patency when comparing allergic rhinitis (AR) patients (without chronic sinusitis) with normal controls...
- Old ways, new means: tobacco industry funding of academic and private sector scientists since the Master Settlement AgreementSuzaynn F Schick
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Tob Control 16:157-64. 2007..Regulatory officials and policy makers need to be aware that the studies these groups publish may not be as independent as they seem...