- Reconsidering spirituality and medicineNeil Scheurich
Department of Psychiatry, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington 40509 1810, USA
Acad Med 78:356-60. 2003..The author concludes by proposing that a medicine that neither exalts nor demeans religious belief but rather situates the latter among the countless values persons may hold should be the goal...
- Narcissism and spirituality in Flannery O'Connor's storiesNeil Scheurich
Department of Psychiatry, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, 3470 Blazer Parkway, Lexington, KY 40509, USA
Am J Psychother 57:537-50. 2003..The complex relationship of narcissism to evil, spirituality, and contemporary culture is explored, and it is argued that narcissism has a prominent spiritual dimension that raises questions about the role of values in psychotherapy...
- The prescriber as moralist: values in the antidepressant debateNeil Scheurich
Department of Psychiatry, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, 3470 Blazer Parkway, Lexington, 40509, USA
Perspect Biol Med 49:199-208. 2006..The decision to prescribe or not to prescribe a psychotropic medication in any given case is based on cultural values as well as clinical judgment...
- Reading, listening, and other beleaguered practices in general psychiatryNeil Scheurich
Lit Med 23:304-17. 2004
- Spirituality, medicine, and the possibility of wisdomNeil Scheurich
J Gen Intern Med 20:379-80. 2005