Affiliation: University of North Texas
- Allosteric modulation of dopamine receptorsJohn A Schetz
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, University of North Texas Health Sciences Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Mini Rev Med Chem 5:555-61. 2005..Different types of allosteric modulation of dopamine receptors are discussed as well as the significance of such modulation in the control of normal biological processes and in the treatment of disease...
- A prototypical Sigma-1 receptor antagonist protects against brain ischemiaJohn A Schetz
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107 2699, USA
Brain Res 1181:1-9. 2007....
- Dopamine receptor microdomains involved in molecular recognition and the regulation of drug affinity and functionChristina Z Floresca
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, Texas 76107 2699, USA
J Recept Signal Transduct Res 24:207-39. 2004..Molecular determinants that mediate the D4/D2-selectivity of many extremely D4-selective 1,4-DAP ligands, include a nonconserved cluster of bulky amino acids at the TM2/TM3 interface (positions 2.61, 3.28 and 3.29)...
- An unambiguous assay for the cloned human sigma1 receptor reveals high affinity interactions with dopamine D4 receptor selective compounds and a distinct structure-affinity relationship for butyrophenonesIvan T Lee
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX 79107, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 578:123-36. 2008..The antidepressant fluvoxamine, the drug of abuse methamphetamine, and the neurosteroid progesterone were amongst the many ligands whose interactions with the sigma(1) receptor were confirmed with our screening assay...
- NEUROLEPTIC SPACER LENGTH GOVERNS MOLECULAR RECOGNITIONJohn Schetz; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- NEUROLEPTIC SPACER LENGTH GOVERNS MOLECULAR RECOGNITIONJohn Schetz; Fiscal Year: 2002..Only positions 2.53, 2.60, 2.62, and 2.64 on serotonin receptors will be considered, because these are the only positions in TMS2 that are believed to be facing the binding pocket and that have different amino acids for the two subtypes...