Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Exercise for people in early- or mid-stage Parkinson disease: a 16-month randomized controlled trialMargaret Schenkman
Physical Therapy Program, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Mailstop C 244, 13121 E 17th Ave, ED II South, Room L28 3106, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Phys Ther 92:1395-410. 2012..Exercise confers short-term benefits for individuals with Parkinson disease (PD)...
- Profile of functional limitations and task performance among people with early- and middle-stage Parkinson diseaseMargaret Schenkman
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Phys Ther 91:1339-54. 2011..Overall functional ability declines over time in people with Parkinson disease (PD). Established benchmarks are needed to allow clinicians and researchers to facilitate meaningful interpretation of data...
- Quadriceps muscle weakness, activation deficits, and fatigue with Parkinson diseaseJennifer Stevens-Lapsley
University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 26:533-41. 2012..People with Parkinson disease (PD) typically have complaints of weakness. The mechanisms underlying this deficit have not been well established, although many factors may contribute...
- Endurance exercise training to improve economy of movement of people with Parkinson disease: three case reportsMargaret Schenkman
Physical Therapy Program, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, 4200 E Ninth Ave, Denver, CO 80262 0244, USA
Phys Ther 88:63-76. 2008..In this case report, the effects of endurance exercise training are examined on walking economy and other measures for 3 individuals in early and middle stages of PD...
- PROFILE PD: profile of function and impairment level experience with Parkinson disease--clinimetric properties of a rating scale for physical therapist practiceMargaret Schenkman
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Physical Therapy Program, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Neurol Phys Ther 34:182-92. 2010..The purpose of this article is to report on clinimetric properties of the PROFILE PD and to make the test available for use...
- Attitudes toward exercise following participation in an exercise intervention studyHeather Ene
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Neurol Phys Ther 35:34-40. 2011..The purpose of this qualitative study was to learn more about the motivations and barriers to continued exercise among persons with PD following a 16-month exercise intervention study...
- Effects of vestibular rehabilitation on multiple sclerosis-related fatigue and upright postural control: a randomized controlled trialJeffrey R Hebert
School of Medicine Physical Therapy Program, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Phys Ther 91:1166-83. 2011..Fatigue and impaired upright postural control (balance) are the 2 most common findings in people with multiple sclerosis (MS), with treatment approaches varying greatly in effectiveness...
- Relationship between intensity of quadriceps muscle neuromuscular electrical stimulation and strength recovery after total knee arthroplastyJennifer E Stevens-Lapsley
Physical Therapy Program, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Colorado, Mail Stop C244 13121 East 17th Ave, Room 3116, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Phys Ther 92:1187-96. 2012....