M L Schenkman
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- A longitudinal evaluation of patients' perceptions of Parkinson's diseaseMargaret Schenkman
Physical Therapy Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Campus Box C 244, 1400 E Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262 0244, USA
Gerontologist 42:790-8. 2002..This study examined changes over 3 years in patients' experiences living with PD, and explored how participants' health perceptions and predicted mortality at baseline related to their actual death by Year 3...
- Spinal flexibility and balance control among community-dwelling adults with and without Parkinson's diseaseM Schenkman
Physical Therapy Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262 0244, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 55:M441-5. 2000....
- Longitudinal evaluation of economic and physical impact of Parkinson's diseaseM Schenkman
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262 0244, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 8:41-50. 2001..Through analysis of the broad impact of PD, including non-neurological symptoms and economic ramifications, it is possible to better appreciate the impact of this chronic condition on overall quality of life...
- Spinal movement and performance of a standing reach task in participants with and without Parkinson diseaseM L Schenkman
Physical Therapy Program, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E Ninth Ave, C244, Denver, CO, USA
Phys Ther 81:1400-11. 2001..In this investigation, the authors examined available spinal ROM, segmental excursions (the ROM used) during reaching, and their relationships in community-dwelling adults with and without PD...
- Endurance exercise training to improve economy of movement of people with Parkinson disease: three case reportsMargaret Schenkman
Physical Therapy Program, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, 4200 E Ninth Ave, Denver, CO 80262 0244, USA
Phys Ther 88:63-76. 2008..In this case report, the effects of endurance exercise training are examined on walking economy and other measures for 3 individuals in early and middle stages of PD...
- An integrated framework for decision making in neurologic physical therapist practiceMargaret Schenkman
Physical Therapy Program, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Phys Ther 86:1681-702. 2006..Application of the framework is illustrated with a case example of an individual with neurologic dysfunction...
- Continuous scale physical functional performance test: appropriateness for middle-aged adults with and without Parkinson's diseaseThomas M Hearty
School of Medicine, Physical Therapy Program, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Neurol Phys Ther 31:64-70. 2007....
- Relative contributions of adiposity and muscularity to physical function in community-dwelling older adultsCatherine M Jankowski
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:1039-44. 2008..To determine the relative contributions of adiposity and muscularity to multi-dimensional performance-based and perceived physical function in older adults living independently...
- Gait initiation in community-dwelling adults with Parkinson disease: comparison with older and younger adults without the diseaseMatthew Martin
64th Combat Support Hospital, US Army, Wurzburg, Germany
Phys Ther 82:566-77. 2002..The method used could prove useful in the development and assessment of interventions to improve ambulation safety and enhance the independence of people with impaired postural control...
- Continuous-scale physical functional performance test: validity, reliability, and sensitivity of data for the short versionM Elaine Cress
Department of Exercise Science and The Gerontology Center, University of Georgia, 300 River Rd, Athens, GA 30602 6554, USA
Phys Ther 85:323-35. 2005..This study was carried out in 4 steps, or substudies, to develop and validate a short, community-based version (PFP-10) that requires less space and equipment than the CS-PFP...