William R Schelman
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- A phase I trial of gemcitabine in combination with patupilone in patients with advanced solid tumorsWilliam Schelman
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, 600 Highland Avenue, K4 530 CSC, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 62:727-33. 2008..We conducted a phase I trial to assess the maximum tolerated dose, dose limiting toxicity (DLT) and antitumor activity of gemcitabine and patupilone...
- A phase I study of zibotentan (ZD4054) in patients with metastatic, castrate-resistant prostate cancerWilliam R Schelman
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, 600 Highland Avenue, K6 534 CSC, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Invest New Drugs 29:118-25. 2011..To assess the maximum well-tolerated dose (MWTD), dose limiting toxicity (DLT), pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics of zibotentan, a novel specific endothelin-A receptor antagonist, in patients with metastatic prostate cancer...
- The maximum tolerated dose and biologic effects of 3-aminopyridine-2-carboxaldehyde thiosemicarbazone (3-AP) in combination with irinotecan for patients with refractory solid tumorsBrian S Choi
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, WI, 53792, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:973-80. 2010..This study was conducted to determine the toxicity and antitumor activity of 3-AP with irinotecan. Correlative studies included pharmacokinetics and the effects of ABCB1 and UGT1A1 polymorphisms...
- A phase I study of Triapine in combination with doxorubicin in patients with advanced solid tumorsWilliam R Schelman
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, 600 Highland Avenue, K6 568, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 63:1147-56. 2009..To assess the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD), dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), pharmacokinetics and antitumor activity of Triapine administered in combination with doxorubicin...
- Dose-escalation study of fixed-dose rate gemcitabine combined with capecitabine in advanced solid malignanciesSteven Attia
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center Madison, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 64:45-51. 2009..To define dose limiting toxicities (DLTs) and the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of capecitabine with fixed-dose rate (FDR) gemcitabine...
- A pilot phase II study of valproic acid for treatment of low-grade neuroendocrine carcinomaTabraiz A Mohammed
D O, M S, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Oncologist 16:835-43. 2011..Thus, this study aimed to evaluate the role of VPA in treating NETs and to determine whether VPA induced the Notch signaling pathway signaling in vivo...
- A preclinical and clinical study of lithium in low-grade neuroendocrine tumorsSam J Lubner
University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Oncologist 16:452-7. 2011..Use of lithium chloride in murine models suppressed carcinoid cell growth, reduced GSK-3β levels, and reduced expression of chromogranin A. This study assessed the efficacy of lithium chloride in patients with NETs...
- Electron paramagnetic resonance study of peripheral blood mononuclear cells from patients with refractory solid tumors treated with TriapineJill M Kolesar
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, 600 Highland Avenue, Room K4 554, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Inorg Biochem 102:693-8. 2008..A potential source for the increase in the heme signal is cytochrome c released from the mitochondria. These results provide valuable insight into the in vivo mechanism of action of Triapine...