William R Schelman
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- A phase I trial of gemcitabine in combination with patupilone in patients with advanced solid tumorsWilliam Schelman
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, 600 Highland Avenue, K4 530 CSC, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 62:727-33. 2008..We conducted a phase I trial to assess the maximum tolerated dose, dose limiting toxicity (DLT) and antitumor activity of gemcitabine and patupilone...
- A phase I study of zibotentan (ZD4054) in patients with metastatic, castrate-resistant prostate cancerWilliam R Schelman
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, 600 Highland Avenue, K6 534 CSC, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Invest New Drugs 29:118-25. 2011..To assess the maximum well-tolerated dose (MWTD), dose limiting toxicity (DLT), pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics of zibotentan, a novel specific endothelin-A receptor antagonist, in patients with metastatic prostate cancer...
- The maximum tolerated dose and biologic effects of 3-aminopyridine-2-carboxaldehyde thiosemicarbazone (3-AP) in combination with irinotecan for patients with refractory solid tumorsBrian S Choi
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, WI, 53792, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:973-80. 2010..This study was conducted to determine the toxicity and antitumor activity of 3-AP with irinotecan. Correlative studies included pharmacokinetics and the effects of ABCB1 and UGT1A1 polymorphisms...
- A phase I study of Triapine in combination with doxorubicin in patients with advanced solid tumorsWilliam R Schelman
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, 600 Highland Avenue, K6 568, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 63:1147-56. 2009..To assess the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD), dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), pharmacokinetics and antitumor activity of Triapine administered in combination with doxorubicin...
- Dose-escalation study of fixed-dose rate gemcitabine combined with capecitabine in advanced solid malignanciesSteven Attia
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center Madison, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 64:45-51. 2009..To define dose limiting toxicities (DLTs) and the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of capecitabine with fixed-dose rate (FDR) gemcitabine...
- A pilot phase II study of valproic acid for treatment of low-grade neuroendocrine carcinomaTabraiz A Mohammed
D O, M S, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Oncologist 16:835-43. 2011..Thus, this study aimed to evaluate the role of VPA in treating NETs and to determine whether VPA induced the Notch signaling pathway signaling in vivo...
- A phase I study of sorafenib, oxaliplatin and 2 days of high dose capecitabine in advanced pancreatic and biliary tract cancer: a Wisconsin oncology network studyNoelle K Loconte
University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 600 Highland Avenue, K6 548 CSC, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Invest New Drugs 31:943-8. 2013..The recommended phase II dose of sorafenib in combination with 2DOC is 200 mg BID. There were infrequent grade 3 toxicities, most evident with sorafenib at 400 mg BID...
- Vorinostat in combination with bortezomib in patients with advanced malignancies directly alters transcription of target genesJill M Kolesar
University of Wisconsin Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, 600 Highland Avenue, K4 554 CSC, Madison, WI, 53792, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 72:661-7. 2013..Vorinostat is a small molecule inhibitor of class I and II histone deacetylase enzymes which alters the expression of target genes including the cell cycle gene p21, leading to cell cycle arrest and apoptosis...
- A preclinical and clinical study of lithium in low-grade neuroendocrine tumorsSam J Lubner
University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Oncologist 16:452-7. 2011..Use of lithium chloride in murine models suppressed carcinoid cell growth, reduced GSK-3β levels, and reduced expression of chromogranin A. This study assessed the efficacy of lithium chloride in patients with NETs...
- Electron paramagnetic resonance study of peripheral blood mononuclear cells from patients with refractory solid tumors treated with TriapineJill M Kolesar
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, 600 Highland Avenue, Room K4 554, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Inorg Biochem 102:693-8. 2008..A potential source for the increase in the heme signal is cytochrome c released from the mitochondria. These results provide valuable insight into the in vivo mechanism of action of Triapine...