Irene E Schauer
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Insulin resistance, defective insulin-mediated fatty acid suppression, and coronary artery calcification in subjects with and without type 1 diabetes: The CACTI studyIrene E Schauer
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, USA
Diabetes 60:306-14. 2011..To assess insulin action on peripheral glucose utilization and nonesterified fatty acid (NEFA) suppression as a predictor of coronary artery calcification (CAC) in patients with type 1 diabetes and nondiabetic controls...
- The importance of palmitoleic acid to adipocyte insulin resistance and whole-body insulin sensitivity in type 1 diabetesBryan C Bergman
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, P O Box 6511, MS 8106, Aurora, Colorado 80045
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:E40-50. 2013..Our previous report implicated skeletal muscle and liver insulin resistance in people with type 1 diabetes, but this occurred independently of generalized, visceral, or ectopic fat...
- Features of hepatic and skeletal muscle insulin resistance unique to type 1 diabetesBryan C Bergman
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, P O Box 6511, MS 8106, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:1663-72. 2012..It is unclear whether insulin resistance is due to glucose toxicity in the post-Diabetes Control and Complications Trial era of tighter glucose control...
- Adiponectin dysregulation and insulin resistance in type 1 diabetesRocio I Pereira
University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Division of Endocrinology, MS 8106, Aurora, Colorado 80045 0511, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E642-7. 2012..Whether the expected positive correlation between adiponectin and insulin sensitivity is preserved in a T1D population is unknown...
- Lipoprotein subfraction cholesterol distribution is proatherogenic in women with type 1 diabetes and insulin resistanceDavid M Maahs
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Diabetes 59:1771-9. 2010..We investigated differences in lipoprotein subfraction cholesterol distribution and insulin resistance between subjects with and without type 1 diabetes to better understand the etiology of increased CVD risk...
- Missed opportunities for providing low-fat dietary advice to people with diabetesIngrid E Lobo
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, 1635 Aurora Ct, Mailstop F729, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E161. 2012..We assessed the lifetime prevalence rates of receiving low-fat dietary advice from a health professional and the relationship between having diabetes or risk factors for diabetes and receiving low-fat dietary advice...
- CREB downregulation in vascular disease: a common response to cardiovascular riskIrene E Schauer
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado at Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:733-41. 2010....