Stacey M Schaefer
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Modulation of amygdalar activity by the conscious regulation of negative emotionStacey M Schaefer
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, 38715 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6196, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 14:913-21. 2002..These results suggest that consciously evoked cognitive mechanisms that alter the emotional response of the subject operate, at least in part, by altering the degree of neural activity within the amygdala...
- Amygdalar interhemispheric functional connectivity differs between the non-depressed and depressed human brainWilliam Irwin
Department of Psychology, Laboratory for Affected Neuroscience, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Neuroimage 21:674-86. 2004..We interpret and discuss the nature of this connectivity in the depressed brain in the context of dysfunctional frontocortical-amygdalar interactions which accompany clinical depression...
- Conscientiousness predicts greater recovery from negative emotionKristin N Javaras
Laboratory for Affective Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin, USA
Emotion 12:875-81. 2012..In addition, the effect was specific to negative emotional stimuli and did not hold for neutral or positive emotional stimuli...
- Brain electrical tomography in depression: the importance of symptom severity, anxiety, and melancholic featuresDiego A Pizzagalli
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 57305 2280, USA
Biol Psychiatry 52:73-85. 2002....
- Neural & Dispositional Correlates of Emotion RegulationSTACEY SCHAEFER; Fiscal Year: 2004....