Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Transition for youth with chronic conditions: primary care physicians' approachesPeter Scal
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455 2009, USA
Pediatrics 110:1315-21. 2002..Little has been written about the role of the primary care provider in facilitating transition, and little is published in the medical literature about how transition occurs in primary care settings...
- Youth report of healthcare transition counseling and autonomy support from their rheumatologistCourtney Kellerman Wells
University of Minnesota, School of Medicine, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 10:36. 2012..abstract:..
- Preparing for adulthood: health care transition counseling for youth with arthritisPeter Scal
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Arthritis Rheum 61:52-7. 2009..To determine the proportion of adolescents with arthritis who receive health care transition services and to compare the rates with those reported for adolescents with other special health care needs and adolescents with diabetes...
- Transition to adulthood: delays and unmet needs among adolescents and young adults with asthmaPeter Scal
Department of Pediatrics, Medical School, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Pediatr 152:471-5, 475.e1. 2008..To examine the effect of the transition to adulthood on financial and non-financial barriers to care in youth with asthma...
- Addressing transition to adult health care for adolescents with special health care needsPeter Scal
Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Health, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Pediatrics 115:1607-12. 2005..To determine the factors associated with addressing the transition from pediatric to adult-oriented health care among US adolescents with special health care needs...
- Smoking among American adolescents: a risk and protective factor analysisPeter Scal
University of Minnesota, Medical School, Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Health, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55155, USA
J Community Health 28:79-97. 2003..Prevention efforts that target both the reduction of risk factors and enhancement of protective factors at the individual, family, peer group and community are likely to reduce the likelihood of smoking initiation...
- Living with juvenile arthritis: adolescents' challenges and experiencesMolly Secor-Turner
Center for Adolescent Nursing, School of Nursing, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Pediatr Health Care 25:302-7. 2011..The objective of this study was to identify challenges that teens experience while living with juvenile arthritis (JA) from the perspective of youth and young adults with JA...
- Complementary and alternative medicine use among youth with juvenile arthritis: are youth using CAM, but not talking about it?Elisabeth M Seburg
Department of Pediatrics, Medical School, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414, USA
J Adolesc Health 51:200-2. 2012..To examine self-reported use and correlates of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) in adolescents with juvenile arthritis (JA)...
- Autism-specific primary care medical home interventionAllison Golnik
Division of General Pediatrics and Fairview Health System, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, 717 Delaware Street SE, 3rd Floor West, Room 370E, Minneapolis, MN 55414, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 42:1087-93. 2012..0004), greater shared decision making (p = 0.0005) and fewer unmet needs (p = 0.067). However, subjects reported no change in family stress (p = 0.204)...
- Preparing residents to counsel about smokingPeter Scal
Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Health, Medical School, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 43:703-8. 2004..After the study, participants reported significant increases in their frequency of counseling as well as greater use of the MI principles...