Genomes and Genes
Courtney L Scaife
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Prognostic significance of PINCH signalling in human pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaCourtney L Scaife
Department of Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
HPB (Oxford) 12:352-8. 2010..Recently, interest has developed in the accuracy of integrin-associated PINCH protein expression in human cancers as a predictive marker of tumour status. The goal of this study was to define the expression of PINCH protein in PDA...
- Synthetic extracellular matrix enhances tumor growth and metastasis in an orthotopic mouse model of pancreatic adenocarcinomaCourtney L Scaife
Department of Surgery, University of Utah, 30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:1074-80. 2008..The advantages of this new approach can be utilized to investigate the mechanisms of tumor progression and test novel therapeutic agents in vivo...
- Ultrasonic nanotherapy of pancreatic cancer: lessons from ultrasound imagingNatalya Rapoport
Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah, and Departments of Clinical Radiology and Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Mol Pharm 7:22-31. 2010..This is implicated as a possible cause of the resistance development, which may be pertinent to various modes of tumor nanotherapy...
- Natural history of pancreatic cancer recurrence following "curative" resection in athymic miceMarcus J Torgenson
Department of Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Surg Res 149:57-61. 2008..Following "curative" pancreatic resection, we demonstrate postoperative disease recurrence by fluorescence imaging...
- Genexol inhibits primary tumour growth and metastases in gemcitabine-resistant pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaJill E Shea
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
HPB (Oxford) 13:153-7. 2011..The aim of the present study was to determine if Genexol would be a beneficial treatment for gemcitabine-resistant PDA...
- Serum platelet factor 4 is an independent predictor of survival and venous thromboembolism in patients with pancreatic adenocarcinomaKatherine E Poruk
Department of Surgery, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:2605-10. 2010..Platelet factor 4 (PF4) has been proposed as a diagnostic biomarker for PDAC. We assessed the diagnostic and prognostic potential of serum PF4 levels in PDAC patients...
- Phenotype and genotype of pancreatic cancer cell linesEmily L Deer
Department of Surgery, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Pancreas 39:425-35. 2010..Identification of both consensus and discrepant information in the literature suggests careful evaluation before selection of cell lines and attention be given to cell line authentication...
- Exploiting antitumor immunity to overcome relapse and improve remission durationLei L Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 61:1113-24. 2012....
- Effects of trastuzumab on epidermal growth factor receptor-dependent and -independent human colon cancer cellsScott K Kuwada
Department of Medicine, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Int J Cancer 109:291-301. 2004..Predicting clinical responsiveness of human colon cancer cells to anti-HER-2 and anti-EGFR therapy may require demonstration of EGFR tyrosine kinase dependency of the cells...
- A comparison of postoperative outcomes utilizing a continuous preperitoneal infusion versus epidural for midline laparotomyMolly E Gross
Department of Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Am J Surg 202:765-9; discussion 770. 2011..This is the first direct comparison of CPI versus epidural infusion (EPI), both in conjunction with systemic analgesia...
- Improved diagnosis of pancreatic adenocarcinoma using haptoglobin and serum amyloid A in a panel screenMatthew A Firpo
Department of Surgery, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
World J Surg 33:716-22. 2009....
- Does travel distance influence length of stay in elective colorectal surgery?Katharine L Jackson
Department of Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 56:367-73. 2013..Regional referral centers with large geographic catchment areas attract patients from significant distances...
- Controlled and targeted tumor chemotherapy by ultrasound-activated nanoemulsions/microbubblesNatalya Y Rapoport
Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Control Release 138:268-76. 2009....
- Roux-en-Y drainage of a pancreatic fistula for disconnected pancreatic duct syndrome after acute necrotizing pancreatitisErik G Pearson
Department of Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, 84132, USA
HPB (Oxford) 14:26-31. 2012..After acute necrotizing pancreatitis (ANP), a pancreatic fistula may occur from disconnected pancreatic duct syndrome (DPDS) where a segment of the pancreas is no longer in continuity with the main pancreatic duct...
- Evolution from heterozygous to homozygous KIT mutation in gastrointestinal stromal tumor correlates with the mechanism of mitotic nondisjunction and significant tumor progressionLei L Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Mod Pathol 21:826-36. 2008....
- Lineage tracing reveals the dynamic contribution of Hes1+ cells to the developing and adult pancreasDaniel Kopinke
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Development 138:431-41. 2011..Together, these studies clarify the roles of Notch and Hes1 in the developing and adult pancreas, and open new avenues to study Notch signaling in this and other tissues...
- Antibiotic prophylaxis in the placement of totally implanted central venous access portsCourtney L Scaife
Department of Surgery, University of Utah, East Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Am J Surg 200:719-22; disussion 722-3. 2010..Antibiotic prophylaxis during placement of implanted central venous access ports (CVAP) has not been studied. This retrospective review compared the rate of catheter-related infections (CRIs) with and without perioperative antibiotics...
- Intraoperative radiotherapy in the multimodality approach to gastric cancerCourtney L Scaife
University of Utah Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City, Utah 84103, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 12:955-64. 2003....
- Nuclear factor kappaB inhibitors induce adhesion-dependent colon cancer apoptosis: implications for metastasisCourtney L Scaife
Department of Surgery, Salt Lake City Veterans Administration Medical Center, and University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Cancer Res 62:6870-8. 2002..The ability of soluble NFkappaB inhibitors to significantly induce apoptosis of readherent colon cancer cells makes them prospective candidates for preventing colon cancer metastasis...
- Surgical resection of gastrointestinal stromal tumors after treatment with imatinibRobert H I Andtbacka
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 444, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:14-24. 2007..In this study, the surgical resection rates and long-term outcomes of patients treated with preoperative imatinib for locally advanced primary, recurrent, or metastatic GISTs were evaluated...
- Is there a role for surgery in patients with "unresectable" cKIT+ gastrointestinal stromal tumors treated with imatinib mesylate?Courtney L Scaife
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Am J Surg 186:665-9. 2003..This retrospective review of patients with cKIT+ GISTs who received Gleevec prior to surgical resection examines the pathologic response to therapy and the feasibility of surgical resection after treatment...
- Lynch syndrome: implications for the surgeonCourtney L Scaife
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 3:92-8. 2003..In this article, the diagnosis and management of Lynch syndrome will be reviewed, with emphasis on the implications for the surgeon...
- Complication, local recurrence, and survival rates after radiofrequency ablation for hepatic malignanciesCourtney L Scaife
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Box 444, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 12:243-55. 2003..Improved technology and concurrent application of RFA with other treatment modalities should continue to improve tumor response and patient survival for patients with unresectable hepatic malignancies...