Richard R Saunders
Affiliation: University of Kansas
- Interaction of reinforcement schedules, a behavioral prosthesis, and work-related behavior in adults with mental retardationRichard R Saunders
Life Span Institute, 1052 Dole Bldg, University of Kansas, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
J Appl Behav Anal 38:163-76. 2005..Overall, the results show how organizer and schedule parameters can be adjusted to produce an optimized balance between productivity and reinforcement while undesirable behavior is minimized...
- Discovering indices of contingency awareness in adults with multiple profound disabilitiesRichard R Saunders
Life Span Institute, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Am J Ment Retard 112:246-60. 2007..Implications for clinical practice are discussed...
- Evaluation of an approach to weight loss in adults with intellectual or developmental disabilitiesRichard R Saunders
University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA
Intellect Dev Disabil 49:103-12. 2011..Those completing a 6-month follow-up phase showed weight loss of 9.4% of baseline. Increased choice and control are discussed as possible contributors to individual success...
- A novel method for testing learning and preferences in people with minimal motor movementMuriel D Saunders
University of Kansas, USA
Res Dev Disabil 26:255-66. 2005..People with profound multiple impairments evinced leisure-device preferences, but such preferences may not lead to differential responding across opportunities with only one device at a time...
- Evidence of contingency awareness in people with profound multiple impairments: response duration versus response rate indicatorsMuriel D Saunders
University of Kansas, 2601 Gabriel, Parsons, Kansas, KS 67357, USA
Res Dev Disabil 24:231-45. 2003..The results strongly support inclusion of response duration measures in evaluation of adaptive-switch use and contingency awareness...
- Establishing a conditional signal for assistance in teenagers with blindnessMuriel D Saunders
Life Span Institute, University of Kansas, United States
Res Dev Disabil 34:1488-97. 2013..Most notably, they began imitation of the word "song" or the word "help" emitted by the SGD. The potential role of cause-and-effect training with adaptive switches is discussed...
- Innovation of a reinforcer preference assessment with the difficult to testMuriel D Saunders
Life Span Institute, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, United States
Res Dev Disabil 32:1572-9. 2011..The results demonstrate a method for obtaining indications of relative preference for potentially reinforcing stimuli from individuals without communication and without the abilities to act on more than one switch...
- Effects of ambient stimuli on measures of behavioral state and microswitch use in adults with profound multiple impairmentsKathleen M Murphy
University of Washington, USA
Res Dev Disabil 25:355-70. 2004..Results suggest the importance of considering environmental stimuli in relationship to switch use when working with individuals with profound multiple impairments...
- COMMUNICATION OF PEOPLE WITH MENTAL RETARDATIONRichard Saunders; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, the relationship between the two earlier developing cusps studied by Projects I and II and later communication as studied by Project III will be investigated through both prospective and retrospective analyses. ..