Maureen A Sartor
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Genome-wide binding of the orphan nuclear receptor TR4 suggests its general role in fundamental biological processesHenriette O'Geen
Genome Center, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
BMC Genomics 11:689. 2010..The orphan nuclear receptor TR4 (human testicular receptor 4 or NR2C2) plays a pivotal role in a variety of biological and metabolic processes. With no known ligand and few known target genes, the mode of TR4 function was unclear...
- ConceptGen: a gene set enrichment and gene set relation mapping toolMaureen A Sartor
Center for Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Bioinformatics 26:456-63. 2010..We demonstrate the functionalities of ConceptGen using gene expression data modeling TGF-beta-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition and metabolomics data comparing metastatic versus localized prostate cancers...
- Resistance exercise training influences skeletal muscle immune activation: a microarray analysisPaul M Gordon
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108, USA
J Appl Physiol 112:443-53. 2012....
- A genetic network model of cellular responses to lithium treatment and cocaine abuse in bipolar disorderRichard C McEachin
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
BMC Syst Biol 4:158. 2010..We initially hypothesized a gene-by-environment interaction where lithium, acting as an environmental influence, impacts signal transduction pathways leading to differential expression of genes important in the etiology of BD mania...
- Comprehensive analysis of DNA methylation in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma indicates differences by survival and clinicopathologic characteristicsJustin A Colacino
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e54742. 2013..These findings provide insight into the epigenetic regulation of viral vs. chemical carcinogenesis and could provide novel targets for development of individualized therapeutic and prevention regimens based on environmental exposures...
- Metscape 2 bioinformatics tool for the analysis and visualization of metabolomics and gene expression dataAlla Karnovsky
Center for Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2218, USA
Bioinformatics 28:373-80. 2012..g. transcriptomics, proteomics), and incorporate prior knowledge of pathways and molecular interactions...
- LRpath analysis reveals common pathways dysregulated via DNA methylation across cancer typesJung H Kim
Department of Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, Medical School, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
BMC Genomics 13:526. 2012..The ability of our logistic regression-based gene set enrichment method to implicate important biological pathways in high-throughput data is well established...
- Genome-wide DNA methylation differences between late-onset Alzheimer's disease and cognitively normal controls in human frontal cortexKelly M Bakulski
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 29:571-88. 2012..Identification of epigenetic biomarkers of LOAD risk may allow for the development of novel diagnostic and therapeutic targets...
- Pretreatment dietary intake is associated with tumor suppressor DNA methylation in head and neck squamous cell carcinomasJustin A Colacino
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Epigenetics 7:883-91. 2012..These preliminary results suggest that intake of folate, vitamin A and vitamin B12 may be associated with the tumor DNA methylation profile in HNC and enhance tumor suppression...
- Appearance frequency modulated gene set enrichment testingJun Ma
Department of EECS, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 12:81. 2011....
- Convergence of genetic influences in comorbidityRichard C McEachin
Center for Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 13:S8. 2012..The Rank Product (RP) method overcomes limitations posed by Fisher assumptions, though RP was not designed for GWA data...
- Metab2MeSH: annotating compounds with medical subject headingsMaureen A Sartor
National Center for Integrative Biomedical Informatics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Bioinformatics 28:1408-10. 2012..These annotations provide links from compounds to biomedical literature and complement existing resources such as PubChem and the Human Metabolome Database...
- LRpath: a logistic regression approach for identifying enriched biological groups in gene expression dataMaureen A Sartor
Center for Computational Medicine and Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Bioinformatics 25:211-7. 2009..It is applicable in experiments involving two or more sample types, and accepts significance statistics of the investigator's choice as input...
- Genome-wide methylation and expression differences in HPV(+) and HPV(-) squamous cell carcinoma cell lines are consistent with divergent mechanisms of carcinogenesisMaureen A Sartor
Center for Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Epigenetics 6:777-87. 2011..Distinct HPV(+) and HPV(-) epigenetic profiles should provide clues to novel targets for development of individualized therapeutic strategies...
- THINK Back: KNowledge-based Interpretation of High Throughput dataFernando Farfán
Computer Science and Engineering Department, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 13:S4. 2012....
- Modeling complex genetic and environmental influences on comorbid bipolar disorder with tobacco use disorderRichard C McEachin
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
BMC Med Genet 11:14. 2010..Therefore, we hypothesized a common underlying genetic etiology, interacting with nicotine exposure, influencing susceptibility to both BD and TUD...
- Skeletal muscle gene expression in response to resistance exercise: sex specific regulationDongmei Liu
Dept of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
BMC Genomics 11:659. 2010..A logistic regression-based method (LRpath), following Bayesian moderated t-statistic (IMBT), was used to test gene functional groups and biological pathways enriched with differentially expressed genes...
- An integrative approach to reveal driver gene fusions from paired-end sequencing data in cancerXiao Song Wang
Michigan Center for Translational Pathology, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Nat Biotechnol 27:1005-11. 2009..Knockdown of NFE2 decreased proliferation and invasion of H1792 cells. Together, these results present a systematic analysis of gene fusions in cancer and describe key characteristics that assist in new fusion discovery...