Venetia R Sarode
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Fine-needle aspiration cytology and differential diagnoses of fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma metastatic to the mediastinum: case reportVenetia R Sarode
Departments of Pathology and Gastroenterology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve School of Medicine Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 26:95-8. 2002..Recognition of specific cytologic features of FL-HCC can facilitate accurate diagnosis in a metastatic site. The cytologic findings and differential diagnoses of FL-HCC that metastasized to the posterior mediastinum are discussed...
- Fine needle aspiration cytology of collecting duct carcinoma of the kidney: report of a case with distinctive features and differential diagnosisVenetia R Sarode
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9073, USA
Acta Cytol 48:843-8. 2004..Because of the differences in behavior and treatment from conventional RCC, it is important to attempt to diagnose this tumor correctly...
- Dedifferentiated epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma of the parotid gland with aberrant expression of prostate specific antigen: a case reportVenetia R Sarode
Department of Pathology and Otorhinolaryngology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Int J Surg Pathol 18:401-5. 2010..An unusual feature, hitherto not described in this tumor is the aberrant expression of prostate-specific antigen in the dedifferentiated component. In male patients, this may cause diagnostic confusion with metastatic prostate carcinoma...
- Hormone receptor status rather than HER2 status is significantly associated with increased Ki-67 and p53 expression in triple-negative breast carcinomas, and high expression of Ki-67 but not p53 is significantly associated with axillary nodal metastasis iJeong S Han
Dept of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390 9073, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 135:230-7. 2011..Furthermore, a high expression level of Ki-67 but not p53 is more likely to be associated with axillary nodal metastasis in these cases...
- A Comparative Analysis of Biomarker Expression and Molecular Subtypes of Pure Ductal Carcinoma In Situ and Invasive Breast Carcinoma by Image Analysis: Relationship of the Subtypes with Histologic Grade, Ki67, p53 Overexpression, and DNA PloidyVenetia R Sarode
Departments of Pathology and Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9073, USA
Int J Breast Cancer 2011:217060. 2011..Molecular subtypes of IBCA are distinct from those of pDCIS. Invasion is characterized by change in phenotype in some tumors...
- Interdigitating dendritic cell sarcoma of the parotid gland: case report and literature reviewGuy Efune
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9035, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 30:264-8. 2009..Awareness of this tumor and the use of appropriate markers are crucial in making the diagnosis. The patient did well postoperatively, and he underwent a complete course of postoperative irradiation to the right parotid and neck...
- Neuregulin 1-HER axis as a key mediator of hyperglycemic memory effects in breast cancerJiyoung Park
Touchstone Diabetes Center and Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:21058-63. 2012..Our findings highlight the targeted inhibition of NRG1-HER3 pathways as a potential target for the treatment breast cancer patients with associated diabetes...
- Intratumoral expression level of epidermal growth factor receptor and cytokeratin 5/6 is significantly associated with nodal and distant metastases in patients with basal-like triple-negative breast carcinomaLisa M Sutton
Dept of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9073, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 134:782-7. 2010..Furthermore, EGFR targeted therapy may be potentially useful in the treatment of basal-like TN breast cancer...
- Primary mucinous adenocarcinoma of the thymus: a case report and review of the literaturePayal Kapur
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9073, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:201-4. 2006..Morphologic and immunophenotypic similarities to mucinous adenocarcinomas of the gastrointestinal tract can pose diagnostic challenges for surgical pathologists, especially in small biopsy specimens...