Affiliation: University of Miami
- Efficacy of brief strategic family therapy in modifying Hispanic adolescent behavior problems and substance useDaniel A Santisteban
Department of Psychiatry, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
J Fam Psychol 17:121-33. 2003..These results extend prior findings on the efficacy of family interventions to a difficult to treat Hispanic adolescent sample...
- Brief strategic family therapy: lessons learned in efficacy research and challenges to blending research and practiceDaniel A Santisteban
Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Center for Family Studies, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Fam Process 45:259-71. 2006....
- Utilizing dissemination findings to help understand and bridge the research and practice gap in the treatment of substance abuse disorders in Hispanic populationsDaniel Santisteban
University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 84:S94-101. 2006..Given the dearth of dissemination research with Hispanics, as well as other minorities, each area described in this article presents unique challenges that can benefit from a field-wide discussion...
- Addressing immigration-related separations in Hispanic families with a behavior-problem adolescentVictoria B Mitrani
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Am J Orthopsychiatry 74:219-29. 2004..Interactional and cognitive/affective features are presented, and guidelines for building therapeutic alliances, identifying core family processes/themes, and transforming interactions are offered...
- Drug abuse in African American and Hispanic adolescents: culture, development, and behaviorJose Szapocznik
Center for Family Studies, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Annu Rev Clin Psychol 3:77-105. 2007..However, each of these groups encompasses considerable genetic, historical, social, and cultural heterogeneity. Investigation across such diversity will yield a more complete picture of the human condition...
- Extended parent-child separations: impact on substance-abusing Hispanic adolescentsMaite P Mena
Center for Family Studies University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
J Spec Pediatr Nurs 13:50-2. 2008
- DEVELOPING A CULTURALLY ROOTED ADOLESCENT FAMILY THERAPYDaniel Santisteban; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Borderline Adolescent Family Therapy TrialDaniel Santisteban; Fiscal Year: 2008..Longitudinal data analysis (growth curve modeling) and Clinical Significance v/ill be used to test study hypotheses. [unreadable] [unreadable]..