Sally A Santen
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- The relationship between promotions committees' identification of problem medical students and subsequent state medical board actionsSally A Santen
Department of Learning Health Sciences, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 20:421-30. 2015..However, most graduates with state medical board actions were not identified by medical school promotions committees. ..
- How competent are emergency medicine interns for level 1 milestones: who is responsible?Sally A Santen
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Acad Emerg Med 20:736-9. 2013..The goal of this study was to query interns on how well they thought their medical school had prepared them to meet the proposed emergency medicine (EM) Level 1 milestones...
- Medical education research in the context of translational scienceSally A Santen
Department of Emergency Medicine and Office of Medical Student Education, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI
Acad Emerg Med 19:1323-7. 2012..We will pull from the work developed by the consensus conference as a means to create a roadmap for future medical education research using the framework of translational science...
- A suggested core content for education scholarship fellowships in emergency medicineLalena M Yarris
Department of Emergency Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, USA
Acad Emerg Med 19:1425-33. 2012..This core content can be incorporated into curricula for education scholarship fellowships in EM or other fields and can also be adapted for use in general medical education fellowships...
- Defining a core curriculum for education scholarship fellowships in emergency medicineWendy C Coates
Department of Emergency Medicine, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA, USA
Acad Emerg Med 19:1411-8. 2012....
- Development of a training needs assessment for an education scholarship fellowship in emergency medicineMichelle Lin
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, USA
Acad Emerg Med 19:1419-24. 2012..The authors describe, based on expert and participant consensus, a framework for a large-scale, mixed-methods needs assessment for such a fellowship...
- Medical student milestones in emergency medicineSally A Santen
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI
Acad Emerg Med 21:905-11. 2014....
- Programmatic assessment of level 1 milestones in incoming internsSamantha R Hauff
The Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Acad Emerg Med 21:694-8. 2014..The objective of this study was to determine the feasibility and results of programmatic assessment of Level 1 milestones using multisource assessments for incoming EM interns in July...
- Understanding ethical dilemmas in the emergency department: views from medical students' essaysJoseph B House
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
J Emerg Med 48:492-8. 2015..In many medical schools there is little ethics training during the clinical years. The benefits of reflective essay writing in ethics and professionalism education are well established...
- Factors that influence medical student selection of an emergency medicine residency program: implications for training programsJeffrey N Love
Department of Emergency Medicine, Georgetown University Hospital Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, USA
Acad Emerg Med 19:455-60. 2012..To build upon preexisting knowledge, a survey was created to identify and prioritize the factors influencing candidate decision-making of U.S. medical graduates...