L H Sansing
Affiliation: University of Connecticut Health Center
- Microglial responses after ischemic stroke and intracerebral hemorrhageRoslyn A Taylor
Department of Immunology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06032, USA
Clin Dev Immunol 2013:746068. 2013..This review summarizes the literature on microglial responses after ischemic stroke and ICH, highlighting the mediators of microglial activation and potential therapeutic targets for each condition. ..
- Anti-adrenergic medications and edema development after intracerebral hemorrhageL H Sansing
Department of Neurology, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, MC 3401, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Neurocrit Care 14:395-400. 2011..Medications that block adrenergic activation (e.g., beta-blockers and the alpha(2)-agonist, clonidine) may reduce the inflammatory response and therefore have secondary benefit after ICH...
- Toll-like receptor 4 contributes to poor outcome after intracerebral hemorrhageLauren H Sansing
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ann Neurol 70:646-56. 2011..This study aimed to determine the role of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) in the innate immune response after ICH and its impact on neurobehavioral outcome...
- Prior antiplatelet use does not affect hemorrhage growth or outcome after ICHL H Sansing
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, 3 W Gates, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neurology 72:1397-402. 2009..To examine whether antiplatelet medication use at onset of intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) is associated with hemorrhage growth and outcome after spontaneous ICH using a large, prospectively collected database from a recent clinical trial...
- Who will participate in acute stroke trials?S E Kasner
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 3 West Gates Building, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neurology 72:1682-8. 2009..We aimed to identify factors associated with participation in clinical trials of novel therapeutic agents for acute stroke...