Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Foreign body reaction to calcium hydroxylapatite after lip augmentationVidya Sankar
Department of Dental Diagnostic Science, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, Mail Code 7919, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 138:1093-6. 2007..Common side effects detected on clinical examination may include edema, bruising and noninflammatory lip nodules...
- Etanercept in Sjögren's syndrome: a twelve-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot clinical trialVidya Sankar
National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:2240-5. 2004..To assess the safety and potential efficacy of etanercept in the treatment of Sjögren's syndrome (SS)...
- The effects of high frequency, low intensity ultrasound therapy on parotid flow ratesVidya Sankar
Department of Dental Diagnostic Science, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 106:e16-9. 2008..Saliva plays a critical role in maintaining oral health and comfort. Development of a single device capable of simulating salivary flow with no taste or adverse side effects is desirable...
- Pilot clinical trial of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) versus placebo for Sjögren's syndromeStanley R Pillemer
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, Bethesda, Maryland 28092, USA
Arthritis Rheum 51:601-4. 2004..To screen for potential efficacy and assess feasibility and safety of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) as a treatment for Sjögren's syndrome (SS)...
- Elevated blood pressure is not related to saliva flow in patients with Sjögren's syndromeVidya Sankar
Gene Therapy and Therapeutics Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 94:179-83. 2002....
- Risk factors for positive minor salivary gland biopsy findings in Sjögren's syndrome and dry mouth patientsMichael T Brennan
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research NIDCR, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Arthritis Rheum 47:189-95. 2002..To investigate risk factors for positive minor salivary gland biopsy results in Sjögren's syndrome (SS) and dry mouth patients...
- Sex steroid hormones in primary Sjögren's syndromeMichael T Brennan
Gene Therapy and Therapeutics Branch GTTB, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research NIDCR, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Rheumatol 30:1267-71. 2003..To investigate the relationships between concentrations of sex hormones and measures of disease activity in patients with primary Sjögren's Syndrome (pSS)...
- Prominent adverse effects of thalidomide in primary Sjögren's syndromeStanley R Pillemer
Arthritis Rheum 51:505-6. 2004
- Reversal of soft-tissue local anesthesia with phentolamine mesylate in adolescents and adultsElliot V Hersh
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Pharmacology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 240 S 40th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 139:1080-93. 2008..The study involved 484 subjects who received one of four commercially available local anesthetic solutions containing vasoconstrictors for restorative or scaling procedures...