Melissa A Sanchez
Affiliation: University of California
- The epidemiology of HIV among Mexican migrants and recent immigrants in California and MexicoMelissa A Sanchez
Universitywide AIDS Research Program, University of California, Office of the President, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:S204-14. 2004..It is essential that this potential threat be assessed and that intervention programs are developed and implemented to combat this possible escalation in the HIV epidemic...
- The effect of migration on HIV high-risk behaviors among Mexican migrantsMelissa A Sanchez
California HIV AIDS Research Program, University of California, Office of the President, Oakland, CA 94102, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 61:610-7. 2012..However, the individual level change in these behaviors after migration has not been quantified...
- Methamphetamine and cocaine use among Mexican migrants in California: the California-Mexico Epidemiological Surveillance PilotMaria Teresa Hernandez
California HIV AIDS Research Program, University of California, Office of the President, Oakland, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 21:34-44. 2009..Prevention interventions in this population should be targeted to specific migrant sites and should address alcohol, methamphetamine, and cocaine use in the context of underlying psychosocial and environmental factors...
- Molecular epidemiology of Bartonella henselae infection in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients and their cat contacts, using pulsed-field gel electrophoresis and genotypingChao-Chin Chang
Department of Public Health, China Medical College, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Infect Dis 186:1733-9. 2002..These results corroborate the major role of cats in the transmission of B. henselae to humans and suggest that B. henselae genotypes may induce different pathological features in HIV-infected patients...
- Prevalence of Bartonella infection among human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients with feverJane E Koehler
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Clin Infect Dis 37:559-66. 2003..03 for both). The prevalence of Bartonella infection among patients with late-stage HIV infection and unexplained fever is much greater than has previously been documented...