Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Integration of syndromic surveillance data into public health practice at state and local levels in North CarolinaErika Samoff
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Gillings School of Global Public Health, Institute for Public Health, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Public Health Rep 127:310-7. 2012....
- Pre-treatment syphilis titers: distribution and evaluation of their use to distinguish early from late latent syphilis and to prioritize contact investigationsErika Samoff
Division of Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention, National Center for HIV, STDs, and Tuberculosis TB NCHSTP, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA, USA
Sex Transm Dis 36:789-93. 2009..Because of limitations of current staging protocols, the rapid plasma reagin (RPR) titer has been proposed as an alternative priority marker for contact investigation...
- Contact-tracing outcomes among male syphilis patients in Fulton County, Georgia, 2003Erika Samoff
Division of Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention, National Center for HIV, STDs, and Tuberculosis, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Sex Transm Dis 34:456-60. 2007..Contact tracing may be less effective in populations with casual sex partners such as male syphilis patients who report sex with men; this opinion is widely held, but few quantitative comparisons are available...
- Improvements in timeliness resulting from implementation of electronic laboratory reporting and an electronic disease surveillance systemErika Samoff
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Gillings School of Global Public Health, North Carolina Institute for Public Health, Chapel Hill, NC Current affiliation Durham County Department of Public Health, Durham, NC
Public Health Rep 128:393-8. 2013..We assessed how ELR affects the timeliness and accuracy of case report processing within public health agencies...
- HIV incidence among men diagnosed with early syphilis in Atlanta, San Francisco, and Los Angeles, 2004 to 2005Kate Buchacz
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:234-40. 2008..We sought to estimate HIV incidence among men diagnosed with primary or secondary (P&S) syphilis in sexually transmitted disease (STD) clinics in Atlanta, San Francisco, and Los Angeles...
- Local surveillance practice evaluation in north Carolina and value of new national accreditation measuresErika Samoff
North Carolina Preparedness and Emergency Response Research Center, Institute for Public Health, Gillings School of Global Public Health Drs Samoff and Waller and Ms Fangman, and Center for Public Health Preparedness, Institute for Public Health, Gillings School of Global Public Health, and Department of Epidemiology Dr MacDonald, and Carolina Center for Health Informatics, Department of Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine Dr Waller, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
J Public Health Manag Pract 19:146-52. 2013..Traditional surveillance evaluation does not generally assess local surveillance practice. However, new accreditation measures capture many aspects of local surveillance practice and may be useful for assessing this practice...
- Association of Chlamydia trachomatis with persistence of high-risk types of human papillomavirus in a cohort of female adolescentsErika Samoff
Division of Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Epidemiol 162:668-75. 2005..8, 95% confidence interval: 1.6, 4.9). The association between chlamydia infection and cervical cancer may be due to an effect of chlamydia infection on persistence of high-risk HPV...