Siba K Samal
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Abozeid H, Paldurai A, Khattar S, Afifi M, el Kady M, El Deeb A, et al. Complete genome sequences of two avian infectious bronchitis viruses isolated in Egypt: Evidence for genetic drift and genetic recombination in the circulating viruses. Infect Genet Evol. 2017;53:7-14 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the continuing evolution of IBV field strains by genetic drift and by genetic recombination leading to outbreaks in the vaccinated chicken populations in Egypt. ..
- Huang Z, Elankumaran S, Yunus A, Samal S. A recombinant Newcastle disease virus (NDV) expressing VP2 protein of infectious bursal disease virus (IBDV) protects against NDV and IBDV. J Virol. 2004;78:10054-63 pubmed..These results indicate that the recombinant NDV can be used as a vaccine vector for other avian pathogens...
- Yan Y, Samal S. Role of intergenic sequences in newcastle disease virus RNA transcription and pathogenesis. J Virol. 2008;82:1323-31 pubmed..The level of attenuation increased as the length of the IGS increased. Interestingly, decreased IGS length also attenuated the viruses. These findings can have significant applications in NDV vaccine development...
- Samuel A, Paldurai A, Kumar S, Collins P, Samal S. Complete genome sequence of avian paramyxovirus (APMV) serotype 5 completes the analysis of nine APMV serotypes and reveals the longest APMV genome. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9269 pubmed publisher..The availability of sequence information for all known APMV serotypes will facilitate studies in epidemiology and vaccinology...
- Kim S, Samal S. Newcastle Disease Virus as a Vaccine Vector for Development of Human and Veterinary Vaccines. Viruses. 2016;8: pubmed publisher..Therefore, NDV is an attractive vaccine vector for human pathogens for which vaccines are currently not available. NDV is also an attractive vaccine vector for animal pathogens. ..