A R Salkind
Affiliation: University of Missouri-Kansas City
- The rational clinical examination. Is this patient allergic to penicillin? An evidence-based analysis of the likelihood of penicillin allergyA R Salkind
University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, Green 4 Unit, 2411 Holmes St, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
JAMA 285:2498-505. 2001....
- Fluoroquinolone treatment of community-acquired pneumonia: a meta-analysisAlan R Salkind
Department of Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, School of Medicine, University of Missouri Kansas City, 64108, USA
Ann Pharmacother 36:1938-43. 2002..To determine the role of newer fluoroquinolones (FQs) for adults with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) whose level of illness allows treatment with an oral antibiotic...
- Economic burden of adult pharyngitis: the payer's perspectiveAlan R Salkind
Section of Infectious Diseases, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO 64108 2792, USA
Value Health 11:621-7. 2008..The financial burden of this practice, from the payer's perspective, has not been previously evaluated. The purpose of this study was to estimate those expenditures...
- Clostridium difficile: an update for the primary care clinicianAlan R Salkind
Department of Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, Green 4 Unit, 2411 Holmes Street, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
South Med J 103:896-902. 2010..This review highlights the new developments in the epidemiology, pathogenesis, and management of CDI, serving as an up-to-date resource for primary care clinicians...
- Antiobiotic prophylaxis to prevent surgical site infectionsAlan R Salkind
University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, MO 64108, USA
Am Fam Physician 83:585-90. 2011..Because primary care physicians participate in the pre- and postoperative care of patients, they should be familiar with the Surgical Care Improvement Project recommendations...