LINDA C SALAND
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Synaptophysin immunoreactivity in the rat pituitary: alterations after 6-hydroxydopamine treatmentL C Saland
Department of Neurosciences, The University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque 87131 5223, USA
Endocrine 9:201-6. 1998..We suggest that 6-OHDA treatment damages synaptic vesicle integrity in both the intermediate and neural lobes of the pituitary, and that recovery is in progress, but not complete at 3 wk after the drug is administered...
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor in the rat pituitary glandL C Saland
Department of Neurosciences, The University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Brain Res Bull 52:109-13. 2000..The presence of GDNF in areas of the pituitary is discussed in the context of its possible function to support and maintain hypothalamic innervation, as well as a potential autocrine factor within endocrine cells...
- The mammalian pituitary intermediate lobe: an update on innervation and regulationL C Saland
Department of Neurosciences, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5223, USA
Brain Res Bull 54:587-93. 2001..The endocrine cells of the IL and their direct hypothalamic innervation are considered to be an easily accessed peripheral model for study of both neural-endocrine and neurotrophic-target cell interactions...
- Chronic ethanol consumption reduces delta-and mu-opioid receptor-stimulated G-protein coupling in rat brainL C Saland
Department of Neurosciences, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 28:98-104. 2004..The purpose of this study was to investigate the potential for uncoupling of the delta- and the mu-OR after chronic ethanol consumption in a nonpreferring rat strain...
- Chronic ethanol modulates delta and mu-opioid receptor expression in rat CNS: immunohistochemical analysis with quantitiative confocal microscopyL C Saland
Department of Neurosciences, School of Medicine, MSC084740, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Neurosci Lett 381:163-8. 2005..Changes in OR expression and functional coupling in the CNS may be factors in ongoing ethanol consumption and tolerance...
- Chronic ethanol exposure increases the association of hippocampal mu-opioid receptors with G-protein receptor kinase 2LINDA C SALAND
Department of Neurosciences, The University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Alcohol 42:493-7. 2008..Possible changes in GRK2 association with ORs after chronic ethanol may be related to levels of phosphorylation and subsequent trafficking of the receptors...
- Alterations in GAP-43-immunoreactive innervation in the aging rat pituitaryL C Saland
Department of Anatomy, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque 87131 5221, USA
Neurosci Lett 208:138-42. 1996..Since GAP-43 has also been suggested to modulate neurotransmitter release, a reduction in the protein in aging nerve terminals may diminish availability of transmitters at presynaptic sites...
- Delta opioid receptor localization in the rat cerebellumA Abeyta
Department of Neurosciences, The University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Basic Medical Sciences Building, 87131 5223, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Brain Res 931:100-5. 2002....