Mohamed E Salama
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Fatal non-transplant-related epstein-barr virus-associated atypical lymphoid proliferations in infants and children: a clinicopathologic studyMohamed E Salama
Department of Pathology, University of Utah and ARUP Lab, 500 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 11:443-9. 2008..A high index of suspicion, coupled with appropriate serologic and molecular testing, aids in early recognition and diagnosis of these lymphoproliferative processes...
- The value of CD23 expression as an additional marker in distinguishing mediastinal (thymic) large B-cell lymphoma from Hodgkin lymphomaMohamed E Salama
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
Int J Surg Pathol 18:121-8. 2010....
- Detection of JAK2 mutations in paraffin marrow biopsies by high resolution melting analysis: identification of L611S alone and in cis with V617F in polycythemia veraRoberto H Nussenzveig
ARUP Laboratories and Department of Pathology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 53:2479-86. 2012..L611S, alone, and in cis with p.V617F. This indicates that these assays can detect known and novel JAK2 mutations in exons 12 and 14 using either fresh or paraffin-embedded archival materials...
- Images in HIV/AIDS. Primary bone marrow presentation of Epstein-Barr virus-driven HIV-associated Hodgkin lymphomaMohamed E Salama
University of Utah Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
AIDS Read 17:604-5. 2007
- Optimized immunohistochemical panel to differentiate myeloid sarcoma from blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasmNikhil A Sangle
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Mod Pathol 27:1137-43. 2014..In this study, neither CD162 nor CD303 had good predictive value in distinguishing MS from BPDCN...
- An unusual case of cutaneous blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm with concomitant B-cell lymphoproliferative disorderJay L Patel
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, 50 North Medical Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 33:e31-6. 2011..A high degree of suspicion and bone marrow examination in patients with a new diagnosis of blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm is required to avoid this potential diagnostic pitfall...
- Immunoarchitectural patterns in nodal marginal zone B-cell lymphoma: a study of 51 casesMohamed E Salama
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 132:39-49. 2009..Our results highlight the histologic and immunoarchitectural spectrum of NMZL and the usefulness of immunohistochemical analysis for CD43, CD23, CD21, BCL6, HGAL, and LMO2 in the diagnosis of NMZL...
- Spectrum of epithelial neoplasms in end-stage renal disease: an experience from 66 tumor-bearing kidneys with emphasis on histologic patterns distinct from those in sporadic adult renal neoplasiaSatish K Tickoo
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:141-53. 2006..Acquired cystic disease-associated RCC is the commonest tumor subtype in ESRD, and biologically it appears to be more aggressive than the other tumor subtypes in ESRD...
- Chondroid syringoma. Cytokeratin 20 immunolocalization of Merkel cells and reappraisal of apocrine folliculo-sebaceous differentiationMohamed E Salama
Department of Pathology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Mich 48202, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:986-90. 2004..Chondroid syringoma (CS) is a benign cutaneous adnexal tumor with epithelial and stromal components. Epithelial components derived from folliculo-sebaceous-apocrine germ are evident in apocrine but not in eccrine CS...
- AngioMap is a novel image analysis algorithm for assessment of plasma cell distribution within bone marrow vascular nicheMohamed E Salama
Department of Pathology, University of Utah ARUP Reference Lab Research Institute, Salt Lake City, UT Flagship Biosciences, Boulder, CO
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 22:550-4. 2014..We demonstrate the feasibility of analyzing the spatial distribution of PC, and possibly other hematopoietic/stem cells in their microenvironment, as characterized by the distance to vessels in BM using a novel image analysis approach. ..
- Quantification of fibrosis and osteosclerosis in myeloproliferative neoplasms: a computer-assisted image studyCarolin J Teman
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Leuk Res 34:871-6. 2010..Numerical quantification of fibrosis highly correlated with subjective scores, and interobserver correlation was satisfactory. Digital imaging provides accurate quantification for osteosclerosis and fibrosis...
- Solitary sclerotic fibroma of skin: a possible link with pleomorphic fibroma with immunophenotypic expression for O13 (CD99) and CD34Muhammad N Mahmood
Department of Pathology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Cutan Pathol 30:631-6. 2003..High proliferating index of spindle cells in SF argues against the possibility of being a degenerating end product of another lesion...