Sameer D Saini
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Effect of medication dosing frequency on adherence in chronic diseasesSameer D Saini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Manag Care 15:e22-33. 2009..To systematically review available data on the effect of daily medication dosing frequency on medication adherence in chronic disease states, as assessed by precise medication event monitoring systems (MEMS)...
- Why don't gastroenterologists follow colon polyp surveillance guidelines?: results of a national surveySameer D Saini
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0362, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:554-8. 2009..To measure knowledge and acceptance of colon polyp surveillance guidelines among gastroenterologists...
- Can the adenoma detection rate reliably identify low-performing endoscopists? Results of a modeling studySameer D Saini
Veterans Affairs Center for Clinical Management Research, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 2215 Fuller Road IIID, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Dig Dis Sci 58:1856-62. 2013..Experts have stated that adenoma detection rates (ADR) of individual endoscopists should be measured to assess colonoscopy quality...
- Cost utility of inflammation-targeted therapy for patients with ulcerative colitisSameer D Saini
Veterans Affairs Center for Clinical Management Research, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 10:1143-51. 2012..We compared the cost utility of inflammation-targeted, intermittent therapy with that of universal, continuous maintenance therapy with mesalamine agents for patients with mild-to-moderate UC...
- Cost-effectiveness of proton pump inhibitor cotherapy in patients taking long-term, low-dose aspirin for secondary cardiovascular preventionSameer D Saini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, 3912 Taubman Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0362, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1684-90; discussion 1691. 2008..Although these patients are at increased risk for upper gastrointestinal bleeding (UGIB) and proton pump inhibitor (PPI) cotherapy may reduce such risk, it is not known whether lifelong PPI cotherapy is cost-effective...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis: cardiovascular benefits of proton pump inhibitor co-therapy in patients using aspirin for secondary preventionS D Saini
Center for Clinical Management Research, Ann Arbor VA HSR and D Center of Excellence, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 34:243-51. 2011..Many patients with cardiovascular (CV) disease will stop aspirin (ASA) because of ASA-related dyspepsia. Proton pump inhibitor (PPI) co-therapy may reduce ASA-related dyspepsia, enhancing ASA adherence and improving CV outcomes...
- Surveillance colonoscopy is cost-effective for patients with adenomas who are at high risk of colorectal cancerSameer D Saini
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Gastroenterology 138:2292-9, 2299.e1. 2010..Guidelines recommend that patients with colon adenomas undergo periodic surveillance colonoscopy. The purpose of this study was to estimate the cost-effectiveness of these recommendations...
- Knowledge of hepatocellular carcinoma screening guidelines and clinical practices among gastroenterologistsPratima Sharma
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:569-77. 2011..Our aim was to assess gastroenterologists' knowledge of HCC management guidelines established by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) and usual clinical practice...
- Effect of flexible sigmoidoscopy-based screening on incidence and mortality of colorectal cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsB Joseph Elmunzer
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
PLoS Med 9:e1001352. 2012..Our objective was to more precisely estimate the effect of FS-based screening on the incidence and mortality of CRC by performing a meta-analysis of published RCTs...
- Influence of malpractice history on the practice of screening and surveillance for Barrett's esophagusJoel H Rubenstein
Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:842-9. 2008..We hypothesized that financial incentives and concerns over malpractice litigation influence gastroenterologists' usual practices regarding screening and surveillance...
- Does rectal indomethacin eliminate the need for prophylactic pancreatic stent placement in patients undergoing high-risk ERCP? Post hoc efficacy and cost-benefit analyses using prospective clinical trial dataB Joseph Elmunzer
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 108:410-5. 2013..We performed a post hoc analysis of this RCT to explore whether rectal indomethacin can replace PSP in the prevention of PEP and to estimate the potential cost savings of such an approach...
- Utilization of upper endoscopy for surveillance of gastric ulcers in the United StatesSameer D Saini
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0362, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1920-5. 2008..The purpose of this study was to examine frequency of utilization of surveillance EGD in patients found to have GUs using a national endoscopic database...
- Incidence of advanced adenomas at surveillance colonoscopy in patients with a personal history of colon adenomas: a meta-analysis and systematic reviewSameer D Saini
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 64:614-26. 2006..Guidelines recommend longer intervals between surveillance colonoscopies for low-risk patients, but physicians frequently perform surveillance colonoscopy at shorter intervals for these patients...
- Endoscopic findings and clinical outcomes in ventricular assist device recipients with gastrointestinal bleedingB J Elmunzer
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical Center, 3912 Taubman Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:3241-6. 2011....
- Improving access to colorectal cancer screening through medical philanthropy: feasibility of a flexible sigmoidoscopy health fair for uninsured patientsB Joseph Elmunzer
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 106:1741-6. 2011....
- Do clinical characteristics predict the presence of small bowel angioectasias on capsule endoscopy?Anthony T DeBenedet
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:1776-81. 2011....