Affiliation: University of Washington
- A randomized clinical trial comparing delivery of behavioral pediatric obesity treatment using standard and enhanced motivational approachesBrian E Saelens
Seattle Children s Research Institute, P O Box 5371, M S CW8 6, Seattle, WA 98145 5005, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 38:954-64. 2013....
- Perceived neighborhood environmental attributes associated with adults' transport-related walking and cycling: Findings from the USA, Australia and BelgiumDelfien Van Dyck
Department of Movement and Sport Sciences, Ghent University, Watersportlaan 2, 9000, Ghent, Belgium
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 9:70. 2012..We investigated the direction and shape of relationships of perceived neighborhood attributes with transport-related cycling and walking in three countries; and examined whether these associations differed by country and gender...
- Home environment relationships with children's physical activity, sedentary time, and screen time by socioeconomic statusPooja S Tandon
Seattle Children s Research Institute, M S CW8 6, P, O, Box 5371, Seattle, WA 98145 5005, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 9:88. 2012..We aimed to determine if home physical activity (PA) environments differed by SES and to explore home environment mediators of the relation of family SES to children's PA and sedentary behavior...
- Predictors of trips to food destinationsJacqueline Kerr
University of California, San Diego, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 9:58. 2012..Further, studies have not considered neighborhood design as a predictor of food purchasing behavior...
- Children's physical activity and parents' perception of the neighborhood environment: neighborhood impact on kids studyKaryn A Tappe
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 10:39. 2013..This study examined associations between parent report of their home neighborhood environment and children's overall and location-specific physical activity...
- Nutrition-labeling regulation impacts on restaurant environmentsBrian E Saelens
Center for Child Health, Behavior, and Development, Seattle Children s Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98145 5005, USA
Am J Prev Med 43:505-11. 2012..Recent attempts to improve the healthfulness of away-from-home eating include regulations requiring restaurants to post nutrition information. The impact of such regulations on restaurant environments is unknown...
- Obesogenic neighborhood environments, child and parent obesity: the Neighborhood Impact on Kids studyBrian E Saelens
Seattle Children s Research Institute, Washington 98145 5005, USA
Am J Prev Med 42:e57-64. 2012..Identifying neighborhood environment attributes related to childhood obesity can inform environmental changes for obesity prevention...
- Neighborhood environment and psychosocial correlates of adults' physical activityBrian E Saelens
Seattle Children s Research Institute and the University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98145 5005, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 44:637-46. 2012..There is growing interest in identifying neighborhood environment factors related to physical activity...
- Brief scales to assess physical activity and sedentary equipment in the homeDori E Rosenberg
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University and the University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 7:10. 2010..abstract:..
- Cross-validation of the factorial structure of the Neighborhood Environment Walkability Scale (NEWS) and its abbreviated form (NEWS-A)Ester Cerin
USDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, 1100 Bates Street, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 6:32. 2009..abstract:..
- Efficacy of increasing physical activity to reduce children's visceral fat: a pilot randomized controlled trialBrian E Saelens
Seattle Children s Hospital Research Institute and the University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Int J Pediatr Obes 6:102-12. 2011..To examine whether differentially targeting physical activity within the context of pilot family-based pediatric weight control treatment results in differential change in abdominal fat, particularly visceral fat...
- Work group I: Measures of the food and physical activity environment: instrumentsBrian E Saelens
Seattle Children s Hospital Research Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Am J Prev Med 36:S166-70. 2009..Solid instrumentation will accelerate a better understanding of food- and physical activity-environment effects on eating and physical activity behaviors...
- Child Weight Status, Physical Activity, and NutritionBrian Saelens; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..