Affiliation: University of Washington
- Children's physical activity and parents' perception of the neighborhood environment: neighborhood impact on kids studyKaryn A Tappe
Seattle Children s Research Institute, P, O, Box 5371, Seattle, WA 98145, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 10:39. 2013..This study examined associations between parent report of their home neighborhood environment and children's overall and location-specific physical activity...
- Nutrition-labeling regulation impacts on restaurant environmentsBrian E Saelens
Center for Child Health, Behavior, and Development, Seattle Children s Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98145 5005, USA
Am J Prev Med 43:505-11. 2012..Recent attempts to improve the healthfulness of away-from-home eating include regulations requiring restaurants to post nutrition information. The impact of such regulations on restaurant environments is unknown...
- Obesogenic neighborhood environments, child and parent obesity: the Neighborhood Impact on Kids studyBrian E Saelens
Seattle Children s Research Institute, Washington 98145 5005, USA
Am J Prev Med 42:e57-64. 2012..Identifying neighborhood environment attributes related to childhood obesity can inform environmental changes for obesity prevention...
- Neighborhood environment and psychosocial correlates of adults' physical activityBrian E Saelens
Seattle Children s Research Institute and the University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98145 5005, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 44:637-46. 2012..There is growing interest in identifying neighborhood environment factors related to physical activity...
- Brief scales to assess physical activity and sedentary equipment in the homeDori E Rosenberg
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University and the University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 7:10. 2010..abstract:..
- Cross-validation of the factorial structure of the Neighborhood Environment Walkability Scale (NEWS) and its abbreviated form (NEWS-A)Ester Cerin
USDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, 1100 Bates Street, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 6:32. 2009..abstract:..
- Work group I: Measures of the food and physical activity environment: instrumentsBrian E Saelens
Seattle Children s Hospital Research Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Am J Prev Med 36:S166-70. 2009..Solid instrumentation will accelerate a better understanding of food- and physical activity-environment effects on eating and physical activity behaviors...
- Efficacy of increasing physical activity to reduce children's visceral fat: a pilot randomized controlled trialBrian E Saelens
Seattle Children s Hospital Research Institute and the University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Int J Pediatr Obes 6:102-12. 2011..To examine whether differentially targeting physical activity within the context of pilot family-based pediatric weight control treatment results in differential change in abdominal fat, particularly visceral fat...
- The effect of light rail transit on physical activity: a natural experimentBrian Saelens; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Child Weight Status, Physical Activity, and NutritionBrian Saelens; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Child Weight Status, Physical Activity, and NutritionBrian Saelens; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Body Fat and Hormones in Adolescent Obesity TreatmentBrian Saelens; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- The effect of light rail transit on physical activity: a natural experimentBrian E Saelens; Fiscal Year: 2010....