Affiliation: University of California
- Glucocorticoid medication, memory and steroid psychosis in medical illnessO M Wolkowitz
Department of Psychiatry, University of California Medical Center San Francisco 94143, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 823:81-96. 1997....
- Double-blind treatment of major depression with dehydroepiandrosteroneO M Wolkowitz
Department of Psychiatry, University of California Medical Center, San Francisco, USA
Am J Psychiatry 156:646-9. 1999..This study was designed to assess possible antidepressant effects of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), an abundant adrenocortical hormone in humans...
- Treatment of depression with antiglucocorticoid drugsO M Wolkowitz
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine 94143 0984, USA
Psychosom Med 61:698-711. 1999..The theoretical and empirical rationales for the potential therapeutic use of antiglucocorticoid agents in the treatment of depression are reviewed...
- Stress hormone-related psychopathology: pathophysiological and treatment implicationsO M Wolkowitz
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, School of Medicine, San Francisco, USA
World J Biol Psychiatry 2:115-43. 2001..We then review certain clinical manifestations of such hormonal imbalances and discuss pharmacological and behavioural treatment strategies aimed at normalizing hormonal output and lessening psychiatric and physical pathology...
- DHEA treatment of Alzheimer's disease: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyO M Wolkowitz
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Neurobiology and Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco UCSF School of Medicine, USA
Neurology 60:1071-6. 2003..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) vs placebo in AD...
- The "steroid dementia syndrome": an unrecognized complication of glucocorticoid treatmentOwen M Wolkowitz
University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, 401 Parnassus Ave, Box F 0984, San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1032:191-4. 2004..Several clinical cases of this syndrome, with shared phenomenological and neuropsychological features, are presented here...
- Memantine treatment in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease already receiving a cholinesterase inhibitor: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialAnton P Porsteinsson
Alzheimer s Disease Care, Research and Education Program, University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Curr Alzheimer Res 5:83-9. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of memantine in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease (AD) receiving cholinesterase inhibitor (ChEI) treatment...
- Comparative study of a combination of isometheptene mucate, dichloralphenazone with acetaminophen and sumatriptan succinate in the treatment of migraineF G Freitag
Diamond Headache Clinic, Chicago, Ill 60614-1726, USA
Headache 41:391-8. 2001..Several parameters suggest that isometheptene mucate, dichloralphenazone with acetaminophen may have a slight advantage compared with sumatriptan succinate in the early treatment of mild-to-moderate migraine...
- Safety and efficacy of galantamine in subjects with mild cognitive impairmentB Winblad
Karolinska Institutet, Alzheimer s Disease Research Center, Division of Geriatric Medicine, Stockholm, Sweden
Neurology 70:2024-35. 2008....