Joseph R Sadek
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Ipsilesional trajectory control is related to contralesional arm paralysis after left hemisphere damageKathleen Y Haaland
Research Service 151, New Mexico Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Exp Brain Res 196:195-204. 2009....
- The impact of neuropsychological functioning and depressed mood on functional complaints in HIV-1 infection and methamphetamine dependenceJoseph R Sadek
University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 29:266-76. 2007..Additional research is needed to clarify the potentially reciprocal causal relationships between depressive symptoms and impairment in everyday functioning...
- Persistent neuropsychological impairment associated with West Nile virus infectionJoseph R Sadek
Behavioral Healthcare Line, New Mexico Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Albuquerque, NM, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 32:81-7. 2010..Persistent cognitive impairment in West Nile virus infection may be due to prolonged or permanent damage to the central nervous system...
- Performance-based everyday functioning after stroke: relationship with IADL questionnaire and neurocognitive performanceJoseph R Sadek
New Mexico VA Health Care System, Albuquerque, New Mexico
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 17:832-40. 2011..Our findings argue that the FIA is sensitive to deficits associated with stroke and is highly associated with all neuropsychological domains (attention, executive functions, language and spatial skills, and memory)...
- Work-related abilities in schizophrenia and HIV infectionElizabeth W Twamley
University of California, San Diego, Department of Psychiatry, San Diego, California 92103, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 194:268-74. 2006....
- Retrograde amnesia in dementia: comparison of HIV-associated dementia, Alzheimer's disease, and Huntington's diseaseJoseph R Sadek
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Neuropsychology 18:692-9. 2004..The temporally graded pattern and the abnormal cued retrieval performance in the AD group are consistent with a consolidation deficit associated with extrahippocampal (cortical) and hippocampal damage...
- Arm use after left or right hemiparesis is influenced by hand preferenceJenny K Rinehart
Departments of Psychology, New Mexico Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Stroke 40:545-50. 2009..The purpose of our study was to determine if the right arm is used more frequently in right-handed patients with stroke...
- Clinical Utility of the Neuropsychological Assessment Battery (NAB) after Unilateral StrokeDalin T Pulsipher
a New Mexico VA Health Care System, Behavioral Health Care Line 116, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 27:924-45. 2013..Findings suggest the NAB is generally comparable to traditional language and visuospatial measures, and it sufficiently detects attention and executive deficits. ..