Affiliation: University of California
- A remote monitoring and telephone nurse coaching intervention to reduce readmissions among patients with heart failure: study protocol for the Better Effectiveness After Transition - Heart Failure (BEAT-HF) randomized controlled trialJeanne T Black
Resource and Outcomes Management Department, Cedars Sinai Health System, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Trials 15:124. 2014....
- Niños Sanos, Familia Sana: Mexican immigrant study protocol for a multifaceted CBPR intervention to combat childhood obesity in two rural California townsAdela de la Torre
Foods for Health Institute, 2141 RMI North, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
BMC Public Health 13:1033. 2013..This paper describes the methodology applied to develop and launch the study...
- Mechanical and suboptimal pharmacologic prophylaxis and delayed mobilization but not morbid obesity are associated with venous thromboembolism after total knee arthroplasty: a case-control studyBanafsheh Sadeghi
School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of General Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
J Hosp Med 7:665-71. 2012..Suboptimal dosing, delayed initiation, and overreliance on mechanical methods may also limit the effectiveness of thromboprophylaxis...
- Cases of iatrogenic pneumothorax can be identified from ICD-9-CM coded dataBanafsheh Sadeghi
University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Am J Med Qual 25:218-24. 2010..At least 1725 hospital-acquired pneumothoraxes could have been prevented in 2004 through universal use of ultrasound guidance during internal jugular cannulation...
- How valid is the ICD-9-CM based AHRQ patient safety indicator for postoperative venous thromboembolism?Richard H White
Division of General Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95817, USA
Med Care 47:1237-43. 2009..However, few studies have evaluated the accuracy of these ICD-9-CM codes across multiple hospitals...
- Positive predictive value of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Patient Safety Indicator for central line-related bloodstream infection ("selected infections due to medical care")Patricia A Zrelak
University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA Battelle Memorial Institute in Sacramento, CA, USA
J Healthc Qual 33:29-36. 2011..PSI 7 has a low positive predictive value compared with other PSIs recently studied. Present on admission diagnoses and improved coding for infections related to central venous catheters (implemented October 2007) may improve validity...
- Detecting postoperative hemorrhage or hematoma from administrative data: the performance of the AHRQ Patient Safety IndicatorGarth H Utter
Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA Center for Healthcare Policy and Research, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA Electronic address
Surgery 154:1117-25. 2013..We sought to evaluate its performance in detecting true complications...
- Using the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality patient safety indicators for targeting nursing quality improvementPatricia A Zrelak
Center for Healthcare Policy and Research, University of California Davis, UC Davis Medical Center, 2103 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 27:99-108. 2012..In this paper, we describe how the AHRQ PSI may be used to identify nursing-specific opportunities to improve care based on data from the national AHRQ PSI validation pilot project...
- Designing an abstraction instrument: lessons from efforts to validate the AHRQ patient safety indicatorsGarth H Utter
Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis, Medical Center, Sacramento, California, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 37:20-8. 2011....
- Evaluation of the predictive value of ICD-9-CM coded administrative data for venous thromboembolism in the United StatesRichard H White
Division of General Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Thromb Res 126:61-7. 2010..To determine the positive predictive value of International Classification of Disease, 9th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM) discharge codes for acute deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism...
- Positive predictive value of the AHRQ accidental puncture or laceration patient safety indicatorGarth H Utter
Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817
Ann Surg 250:1041-5. 2009..We sought to determine the positive predictive value (PPV) of this indicator...
- Improved Coding of Postoperative Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism in Administrative Data (AHRQ Patient Safety Indicator 12) After Introduction of New ICD-9-CM Diagnosis CodesBanafsheh Sadeghi
Department of Medicine, Center for Healthcare Policy and Research, UC Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento Center for Innovation and Improvement Science, University of California, San Diego Center for Healthcare Policy and Research, University of California Davis, Sacramento, CA UHC, Chicago, IL
Med Care 53:e37-40. 2015..The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) has developed a Patient Safety Indicator 12 to assist hospitals, payers, and other stakeholders to identify patients who experienced this complication...