Genomes and Genes
Maria Eugenia Sabbatini
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Rap1 activation plays a regulatory role in pancreatic amylase secretionMaria E Sabbatini
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0622, USA
J Biol Chem 283:23884-94. 2008..Rap1 activation not only mediates the cAMP-evoked response via Epac1 but is also involved in CCK- and carbachol-induced amylase release, with their action most likely mediated by CalDAG-GEF III...
- Rgg-Associated SHP Signaling Peptides Mediate Cross-Talk in StreptococciBetty Fleuchot
INRA, UMR1319 MICALIS, Jouy en Josas, France AgroParisTech, UMR Micalis, Jouy en Josas, France
PLoS ONE 8:e66042. 2013..Interestingly, this does not seem to be dependent on the SHP/Rgg group and cross-talk between pathogenic and non-pathogenic streptococci is observed...
- Adenylyl cyclase 6 mediates the action of cyclic AMP-dependent secretagogues in mouse pancreatic exocrine cells via protein kinase A pathway activationMaria E Sabbatini
M E Sabbatini 7703 Medical Science Building II, 1103 E Catherine Street, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA Alternative author
J Physiol 591:3693-707. 2013..In conclusion, several AC isoforms are expressed in pancreatic acini and ducts. AC6 mediates a significant part of pancreatic amylase and fluid secretion in response to secretin, VIP and forskolin through cAMP/PKA pathway activation. ..
- Natriuretic peptides as regulatory mediators of secretory activity in the digestive systemMaria Eugenia Sabbatini
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5622, United States
Regul Pept 154:5-15. 2009..Overall, these findings indicate that ANP and CNP are members of the large group of regulatory peptides affecting digestive secretions...
- CCK activates RhoA and Rac1 differentially through Galpha13 and Galphaq in mouse pancreatic aciniMaria E Sabbatini
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 298:C592-601. 2010..CCK-induced actin cytoskeletal reorganization is mainly mediated by Galpha(q). By contrast, Galpha(13) and Galpha(q) signaling are required for CCK-induced amylase secretion...
- Small G proteins as key regulators of pancreatic digestive enzyme secretionJohn A Williams
Dept of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Univ of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E405-14. 2009..The Rho family small G proteins RhoA and Rac1 also regulate secretion through remodeling of the actin cytoskeleton. Possible mechanisms for regulation of these G proteins and their effector molecules are considered...
- Secretin is not necessary for exocrine pancreatic development and growth in miceMaria Dolors Sans
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109 5622, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 301:G791-8. 2011..Camostat-fed littermate secretin and secretin receptor-deficient mice had similar pancreatic mass to WT mice. These results indicate that secretin is not required for normal pancreatic development or adaptive growth mediated by CCK...
- Cholecystokinin-Mediated RhoGDI Phosphorylation via PKCα Promotes both RhoA and Rac1 SignalingMaria Eugenia Sabbatini
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e66029. 2013..By mutational analysis we found that CCK-induced PKCα phosphorylation on RhoGDI1 at Ser96 releases RhoA and Rac1 from RhoGDI1 to facilitate Rho GTPases signaling...