J L Ryan
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Curcumin for radiation dermatitis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial of thirty breast cancer patientsJulie L Ryan
Department of Dermatology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Radiat Res 180:34-43. 2013..In conclusion, oral curcumin, 6.0 g daily during radiotherapy, reduced the severity of radiation dermatitis in breast cancer patients. ..
- Epstein-Barr virus infection is common in inflamed gastrointestinal mucosaJulie L Ryan
Department of Dermatology and Radiation Oncology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642 8704, USA
Dig Dis Sci 57:1887-98. 2012..In the present study, we measured EBV DNA and localized viral gene products in gastritis specimens (n = 89), normal gastric and colonic mucosa (n = 14), Crohn's disease (n = 9), and ulcerative colitis (n = 11) tissues...
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) reduces acute chemotherapy-induced nausea: a URCC CCOP study of 576 patientsJulie L Ryan
Departments of Dermatology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 697, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Support Care Cancer 20:1479-89. 2012..Despite the widespread use of antiemetics, nausea continues to be reported by over 70% of patients receiving chemotherapy...
- Ionizing radiation: the good, the bad, and the uglyJulie L Ryan
Departments of Dermatology and Radiation Oncology, Center for Medical Countermeasures Against Radiation, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Invest Dermatol 132:985-93. 2012..This review summarizes "the good, the bad, and the ugly" of current and evolving knowledge regarding mechanisms of and treatments for radiation skin injury...
- Epstein-Barr virus-specific methylation of human genes in gastric cancer cellsJulie L Ryan
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and The Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7525, USA
Infect Agent Cancer 5:27. 2010..abstract:..
- Post-treatment skin reactions reported by cancer patients differ by race, not by treatment or expectationsJ L Ryan
Department of Dermatology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Br J Cancer 97:14-21. 2007..Our results suggest that symptom management for post-treatment skin reactions in cancer patients receiving radiation treatment could differ depending on their racial background...
- Mechanisms of cancer-related fatigueJulie L Ryan
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Oncologist 12:22-34. 2007..An understanding of relevant mechanisms may offer potential routes for its prevention and treatment in patients with cancer.Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article...
- Cancer immunotherapy by fusions of dendritic and tumour cells and rh-IL-12S Homma
Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Clin Invest 35:279-86. 2005..We conducted immunotherapy against various malignant tumours using the FCs and rhIL-12, and investigated the safety and efficacy of the therapy...