Paul A Rutecki
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Determinants of ictal epileptiform patterns in the hippocampal slicePaul A Rutecki
Department of Neurology, William Middleton VA Hospital, University of Wisconsin, 2500 Overlook Trail, Madison, WI 53605, USA
Epilepsia 43:179-83. 2002..We evaluated the role of synaptic mechanisms and release of calcium from intracellular stores in the generation of prolonged ictal oscillations...
- Suppression of pilocarpine-induced ictal oscillations in the hippocampal sliceEldad J Hadar
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Wisconsin, 2500 Overlook Tr, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Epilepsy Res 49:61-71. 2002....
- Activity-dependent induction and maintenance of epileptiform activity produced by group I metabotropic glutamate receptors in the rat hippocampal sliceLinda Karr
Department of Neurology, William Middleton VA Hospital, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Epilepsy Res 81:14-23. 2008..The induction of epileptiform activity by DHPG is an in vitro model of epileptogenesis, and the development of epileptiform activity in this model depends on neuronal activity and synaptic transmission...
- CB1 receptor antagonism impairs the induction of epileptiform activity by group I metabotropic glutamate receptor activationLinda Karr
Neurology Service, William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, and Department of Neurology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Epilepsia 51:121-5. 2010..We hypothesize that the ictal activity induced by DHPG requires depression of synaptic strength and CB1 receptor antagonism prevents this depression and the induction of ictal activity...
- Group I metabotropic glutamate receptor activation produces prolonged epileptiform neuronal synchronization and alters evoked population responses in the hippocampusUmit Sayin
Department of Neurology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Epilepsy Res 53:186-95. 2003....