James M Russell
Affiliation: University of Texas Medical Branch
- Course and cost of treatment for depression with fluoxetine, paroxetine, and sertralineJ M Russell
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 0191, USA
Am J Manag Care 5:597-606. 1999..To compare depression-related treatment costs and total healthcare costs for patients diagnosed with depression and treated with either sertraline, paroxetine, or fluoxetine...
- Chronic depression and comorbid personality disorders: response to sertraline versus imipramineJames M Russell
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 77555, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:554-61. 2003..Few studies, though, have systematically examined the clinical correlates of Axis II personality disorder comorbidity or its effect on treatment response or time to response...
- Prospective, long-term, multicenter study of the naturalistic outcomes of patients with treatment-resistant depressionDavid L Dunner
Center for Anxiety and Depression, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle 98105, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:688-95. 2006..We report on the characteristics and outcomes of a large cohort of patients with a level of treatment resistance that is very substantial and who were treated for 2 years with standard care...
- Efficacy and tolerability of duloxetine in elderly patients with generalized anxiety disorder: a pooled analysis of four randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studiesJonathan Davidson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Hum Psychopharmacol 23:519-26. 2008..To assess the efficacy and tolerability of duloxetine in elderly patients with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)...
- The cost consequences of treatment-resistant depressionJames M Russell
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:341-7. 2004..Treatment-resistant depression is a significant public health problem with profound effects on general medical and mental health-related health care costs...
- Self-reported depressive symptom measures: sensitivity to detecting change in a randomized, controlled trial of chronically depressed, nonpsychotic outpatientsA John Rush
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9086, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:405-16. 2005..Global patient ratings such as the PGI-I, as opposed to specific item-based ratings, provide less valid findings...
- The effectiveness of St. John's Wort in major depressive disorder: a naturalistic phase 2 follow-up in which nonresponders were provided alternate medicationAlan J Gelenberg
University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1114-9. 2004..A continuation study of an extract of St. John's wort (Hypericum perforatum) for depression was performed in follow-up to an acute study that found no significant difference between St. John's wort extract and placebo...
- Duloxetine treatment for role functioning improvement in generalized anxiety disorder: three independent studiesJean Endicott
New York State Psychiatric Institute and Columbia School of Medicine, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:518-24. 2007..The present work examined the efficacy of duloxetine treatment for improving functional outcomes for patients with GAD in 3 independent clinical studies...
- Duloxetine for the management of diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain: evaluation of functional outcomesDavid G Armstrong
Scholl s Center for Lower Extremity Ambulatory Research CLEAR at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pain Med 8:410-8. 2007..To assess the effectiveness of duloxetine, compared with placebo, on patient-reported health outcomes over a 12-week period, in the management of diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain (DPNP)...
- Efficacy of duloxetine in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder in patients with clinically significant pain symptomsJames M Russell
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Depress Anxiety 25:E1-11. 2008..These results suggest that in patients with GAD who present with clinically significant pain symptoms, duloxetine is effective in reducing anxiety symptoms, pain severity, and in improving patient functioning...
- A randomized, double-blind comparison of duloxetine and venlafaxine in the treatment of patients with major depressive disorderDavid G S Perahia
Lilly Research Centre, Erl Wood, Sunninghill Road, Windlesham, Surrey GU20 6PH, UK
J Psychiatr Res 42:22-34. 2008..The objective was to compare the serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) duloxetine and venlafaxine using GBR assessment...
- Double-blind switch study of imipramine or sertraline treatment of antidepressant-resistant chronic depressionMichael E Thase
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, 3811 O Hara St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 59:233-9. 2002..Although various strategies have been proposed to treat antidepressant nonresponders, little controlled research has been published that examines prospectively the use of switching to an alternate antidepressant...
- Is treatment-associated hypomania rare with duloxetine: secondary analysis of controlled trials in non-bipolar depressionDavid L Dunner
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington Center for Anxiety and Depression, 4225 Roosevelt Way NE, Ste 306C, Seattle, WA 98105, United States
J Affect Disord 87:115-9. 2005..This study investigated the rate of hypomania, mania, and hypomanic-like symptoms observed during treatment with duloxetine in patients with major depression...
- The impact of treatment-resistant depression on health care utilization and costsWilliam H Crown
MEDSTAT Group, Cambridge, Mass, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:963-71. 2002..Very little is known about the health care costs of patients with treatment-resistant depression...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of nefazodone maintenance treatment in preventing recurrence in chronic depressionAlan J Gelenberg
Department of Psychiatry, Health Sciences Center, University of Arizona, PO Box 245002, Tucson, AZ 85724 5002, USA
Biol Psychiatry 54:806-17. 2003..This randomized, placebo-controlled study of the efficacy and safety of nefazodone in preventing recurrence was conducted for patients with chronic MDD...