Cynthia K Russell
Affiliation: University of Tennessee
- Recognizing and avoiding intercultural miscommunication in distance education a study of the experiences of Canadian faculty and aboriginal nursing studentsCynthia K Russell
College of Nursing, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
J Prof Nurs 23:351-61. 2007..Lastly, strategies for preventing intercultural miscommunication in online courses are described...
- WebQuests: creating engaging, student-centered, constructivist learning activitiesCynthia K Russell
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, College of Nursing, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Comput Inform Nurs 26:78-87; quiz 88-9. 2008..The authors describe the history of WebQuests and, using examples from a series of WebQuests used in an undergraduate informatics for healthcare course, offer specific guidelines for developing relevant WebQuests for nursing education...
- Formative and summative evaluation of a practice doctorate programJ Carolyn Graff
College of Nursing, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, USA
Nurse Educ 32:173-7. 2007..Suggestions for nurse educators and administrators are presented...
- Faculty development to improve teaching at a health sciences center: a needs assessmentMark Scarbecz
College of Dentistry, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Bioscience Research, 875 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
J Dent Educ 75:145-59. 2011..The policy implications of the survey results are discussed, including the need for faculty development activities that target the needs of specific faculty groups...
- HIV/AIDS medication adherence factors: inner-city clinic patient's self-reportsMarshall J Graney
Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, USA
Tenn Med 96:73-8. 2003..To document common facilitators of, and barriers to, HIV/AIDS medication regimen adherence and to identify facilitators and barriers significantly correlated to attainment of higher vs. lower adherence...
- Patient safety: where is nursing education?David M Gregory
plied Science and Technology SIAST, School of Health Sciences, University of Lethbridge, 4401 University Drive, Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada T1K 3M4
J Nurs Educ 46:79-82. 2007..Under the rubric of patient safety, the authors also encourage educators to address discontinuities between the educational and practice sectors...