J L Rushton
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Primary care role in the management of childhood depression: a comparison of pediatricians and family physiciansJ L Rushton
Division of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0718, USA
Pediatrics 105:957-62. 2000..To provide a self-described assessment of pediatricians' and family physicians' management of childhood depression...
- Pediatrician and family physician prescription of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitorsJ L Rushton
Division of General Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0718, USA
Pediatrics 105:E82. 2000....
- Pediatric stimulant and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor prescription trends: 1992 to 1998J L Rushton
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, 300 North Ingalls Bldg, Room 6D05, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0456, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 155:560-5. 2001..Presciption trends have key implications for costs, outcomes, and research, yet few data exist on pediatric selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) trends and associations with stimulant trends...
- Epidemiology of depressive symptoms in the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent HealthJerry L Rushton
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0456, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:199-205. 2002..To describe the range of depressive symptoms reported by adolescents in a nationally representative U.S. sample and to examine factors associated with persistent depressive symptoms...
- Coding of pediatric behavioral and mental disordersJerry L Rushton
Child Health Evaluation and Research Unit, Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0456, USA
Pediatrics 110:e8. 2002..However, very little information is available on how physicians who care for children approach diagnosis and coding dilemmas for behavioral and mental disorders, which often present unique additional challenges...
- Primary care referral of children with psychosocial problemsJerry Rushton
Child Health and Research Unit, Division of General Pediatrics, University of Michigan, 300 N Ingalls Bldg, Room 6D05, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0456, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:592-8. 2002..To examine primary care provider referral patterns for patients with psychosocial problems and to understand the factors that influence whether a mental health referral is made...
- Receipt of asthma subspecialty care by children in a managed care organizationMichael Cabana
Child Health Evaluation and Research CHEAR Unit, Division of General Pediatrics, University of Michigan Health Care System, Ann Arbor 48109 0456, USA
Ambul Pediatr 2:456-61. 2002..Although proper outpatient asthma management sometimes requires care from subspecialists, there is little information on factors affecting receipt of subspecialty care in a managed care setting...
- Use of practice guidelines in the primary care of children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderJerry L Rushton
Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Riley Hospital for Children, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Pediatrics 114:e23-8. 2004....
- Implementing practice guidelines for depression: applying a new framework to an old problemMichael D Cabana
Division of General Pediatrics, The University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 24:35-42. 2002..Since different physicians and practice settings may encounter a variety of barriers, multifaceted interventions that are not focused exclusively on the physician tend to be most effective...
- Screening for depression in adults: a summary of the evidence for the U.S. Preventive Services Task ForceMichael P Pignone
University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, USA
Ann Intern Med 136:765-76. 2002..To clarify whether screening adults for depression in primary care settings improves recognition, treatment, and clinical outcomes...