Paolo G Rusconi
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Serial measurements of serum NT-proBNP as markers of left ventricular systolic function and remodeling in children with heart failurePaolo G Rusconi
Divisions of Pediatric Cardiology, Miami, FL, USA
Am Heart J 160:776-83. 2010..We determined whether changes in NT-proBNP level are associated with changes in symptoms and left ventricular (LV) systolic function and remodeling in children with HF secondary to dilated cardiomyopathy...
- Carvedilol in children with cardiomyopathy: 3-year experience at a single institutionPaolo Rusconi
Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 23:832-8. 2004..Carvedilol reduces mortality and hospitalization in adults with congestive heart failure. Limited information is available about its use in children...
- Usefulness of tissue Doppler echocardiography for evaluating ventricular function in children without heart diseaseSethuraman Swaminathan
Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Florida 33101, USA
Am J Cardiol 91:570-4. 2003..Establishment of normative data for TDI in the pediatric age group should broaden the clinical applicability of this useful modality for assessing ventricular function...
- Competing risks for death and cardiac transplantation in children with dilated cardiomyopathy: results from the pediatric cardiomyopathy registryJorge A Alvarez
Department of Pediatrics D820, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, P O Box 016820, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Circulation 124:814-23. 2011..Risk factors by etiology at clinical presentation have not been determined separately for death and transplantation in population-based studies. Competing risks analysis may inform patient prioritization for transplantation listing...
- Associations between neurohormonal and inflammatory activation and heart failure in childrenChristopher Ratnasamy
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Am Heart J 155:527-33. 2008..We hypothesize that neuroendocrine and inflammatory activation also associate with symptom severity and echocardiographic measurements in pediatric HF...