Paolo G Rusconi
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Serial measurements of serum NT-proBNP as markers of left ventricular systolic function and remodeling in children with heart failurePaolo G Rusconi
Divisions of Pediatric Cardiology, Miami, FL, USA
Am Heart J 160:776-83. 2010..We determined whether changes in NT-proBNP level are associated with changes in symptoms and left ventricular (LV) systolic function and remodeling in children with HF secondary to dilated cardiomyopathy...
- Carvedilol in children with cardiomyopathy: 3-year experience at a single institutionPaolo Rusconi
Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 23:832-8. 2004..Carvedilol reduces mortality and hospitalization in adults with congestive heart failure. Limited information is available about its use in children...
- Associations between fibroblast growth factor 23 and cardiac characteristics in pediatric heart failureTamara Isakova
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1120 NW 14th St, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 28:2035-42. 2013..In adults with heart failure, elevated levels of fibroblast growth factor 23 (FGF23) are associated with mortality. Data on FGF23 levels in pediatric heart failure are lacking...
- Usefulness of tissue Doppler echocardiography for evaluating ventricular function in children without heart diseaseSethuraman Swaminathan
Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Florida 33101, USA
Am J Cardiol 91:570-4. 2003..Establishment of normative data for TDI in the pediatric age group should broaden the clinical applicability of this useful modality for assessing ventricular function...
- Pediatric cardiomyopathies: causes, epidemiology, clinical course, preventive strategies and therapiesSteven E Lipshultz
Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1601 NW 12th Avenue, 9th Floor, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Future Cardiol 9:817-48. 2013..In this article, we comprehensively review current research on various presentations of this disease, along with current knowledge about their causes, treatments and clinical outcomes. ..
- Competing risks for death and cardiac transplantation in children with dilated cardiomyopathy: results from the pediatric cardiomyopathy registryJorge A Alvarez
Department of Pediatrics D820, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, P O Box 016820, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Circulation 124:814-23. 2011..Risk factors by etiology at clinical presentation have not been determined separately for death and transplantation in population-based studies. Competing risks analysis may inform patient prioritization for transplantation listing...
- Associations between neurohormonal and inflammatory activation and heart failure in childrenChristopher Ratnasamy
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Am Heart J 155:527-33. 2008..We hypothesize that neuroendocrine and inflammatory activation also associate with symptom severity and echocardiographic measurements in pediatric HF...