Thomas G Rundall
Affiliation: University of California
- Refocusing future faculty on evidence-based health services management researchThomas G Rundall
University of California, Berkeley, Division of Health Policy and Management, 416 Warren Hall, Berkeley, California 94720 7360, USA
J Health Adm Educ 20:263-73. 2003
- As good as it gets? Chronic care management in nine leading US physician organisationsThomas G Rundall
University of California at Berkeley, School of Public Health, Division of Health Policy and Management, 140 Warren Hall, Berkeley, California, USA
BMJ 325:958-61. 2002
- Doctor-manager relationships in the United States and the United KingdomThomas G Rundall
Division of Health Policy and Management, University of California, Berkeley, California, USA
J Healthc Manag 49:251-68; discussion 268-70. 2004....
- An empirical assessment of high-performing medical groups: results from a national studyStephen M Shortell
University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Med Care Res Rev 62:407-34. 2005..The findings hold a number of important implications for policy and practice, and the framework presented provides a foundation for future research...
- Adoption of order entry with decision support for chronic care by physician organizationsJodi S Simon
University of California, Berkeley, School of Public Health, Berkeley, CA, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 14:432-9. 2007..This study sought to explore physician organizations' adoption of chronic care guidelines in order entry systems and to investigate the organizational and market-related factors associated with this adoption...
- Productivity and turnover in PCPs: the role of staff participation in decision-makingDorothy Y Hung
Division of Health Policy and Management, School of Public Health, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
Med Care 44:946-51. 2006..The study is informed by organizational theories of participation that emphasize cognitive and affective influences on employee output and behavior...
- How different is California? A comparison of U.S. physician organizationsRobin R Gillies
Department of Health Policy and Management, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) . 2003..The implications of these differences for policy and practice are discussed...
- The informed decisions toolbox: tools for knowledge transfer and performance improvementThomas G Rundall
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, USA
J Healthc Manag 52:325-41; discussion 341-2. 2007....
- Evidence-based managementThomas G Rundall
Henry J Kaiser Professor of Organized Health Systems, School of Public Health, Univ of California, Berkeley, USA
Hosp Health Netw 81:72. 2007
- Support for smoking cessation interventions in physician organizations: results from a national studySara B McMenamin
Center for Health and Public Policy Studies, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720 7360, USA
Med Care 41:1396-406. 2003....
- Improving patient care by linking evidence-based medicine and evidence-based managementStephen M Shortell
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
JAMA 298:673-6. 2007
- Influence of primary care practice and provider attributes on preventive service deliveryDorothy Y Hung
Division of Health Policy and Management, School of Public Health, University of California Berkeley, USA
Am J Prev Med 30:413-22. 2006..This research examines the influence that both practice and provider attributes have on the delivery of preventive services for health behaviors...
- Drivers of electronic medical record adoption among medical groupsJodi S Simon
School of Public Health, University of California at Berkeley, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 31:631-9. 2005..However, only 20%-25% of physician organizations have adopted EMRs. A study was undertaken to determine the characteristics of primary care medical groups that distinguish EMR adopter from nonadopter organizations...
- The impact of hospitalists on the cost and quality of inpatient care in the United States: a research synthesisJanet Coffman
University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Med Care Res Rev 62:379-406. 2005..Further research is needed to better identify the mechanisms by which hospitalists reduce length of stay and to ascertain which types of hospitalist programs are most effective and which patients are most likely to benefit...
- Health promotion in physician organizations: results from a national studySara B McMenamin
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Am J Prev Med 26:259-64. 2004....
- A theory of physician-hospital integration: contending institutional and market logics in the health care fieldThomas G Rundall
University of California, Berkeley School of Public Health, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Health Soc Behav 45:102-17. 2004....
- Current and future directions in Medi-Cal chronic disease care management: a view from the topL Elizabeth Goldman
University of California Department of Medicine, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Am J Manag Care 13:263-8. 2007..To determine the extent to which Medicaid managed care (MMC) organizations are engaged in chronic disease care management (CDCM), tailor CDCM for diverse populations, or plan to expand CDCM...
- Rethinking prevention in primary care: applying the chronic care model to address health risk behaviorsDorothy Y Hung
Columbia University, Mailman School of Public Health, New York, NY 10032, USA
Milbank Q 85:69-91. 2007..Adaptation of the CCM for preventive purposes may offer a useful framework for addressing important health risk behaviors...
- Evidence-based management reconsideredAnthony R Kovner
New York University s Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, New York City, NY, USA
Front Health Serv Manage 22:3-22. 2006..To aid the manager in understanding and applying an evidenced-based approach to decision making, the article provides practical tools, techniques, and resources for immediate use...
- Effect of primary health care orientation on chronic care managementJulie A Schmittdiel
Kaiser Permanente Northern California Division of Research, Oakland, Calif 94612, USA
Ann Fam Med 4:117-23. 2006..This study examined the relationship between primary care orientation and the implementation of the CCM in physician organizations...
- What are the facilitators and barriers in physician organizations' use of care management processes?Thomas Bodenheimer
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Saf 30:505-14. 2004....
- Views of doctors and managers on the doctor-manager relationship in the NHSHuw T O Davies
Centre for Public Policy and Management, University of St Andrews, Fife KY16 9AL
BMJ 326:626-8. 2003
- Quality of care for chronic illnessesJohn Ovretveit
Karolinska Institute Medical Management Centre, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Health Care Qual Assur 21:190-202. 2008..The purpose of this paper is to discover the extent to which evidence-based practices and computer systems for managing chronic illness are used within Swedish primary health care...
- Implementation of electronic medical records in hospitals: two case studiesJohn Ovretveit
Medical Management Centre, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Health Policy 84:181-90. 2007..The paper provides implementers with research-informed guidance about effective implementation, contributes to developing implementation theory and notes policy implications for current national strategies for IT in health...
- Kaiser Permanente's experience of implementing an electronic medical record: a qualitative studyJ Tim Scott
School of Management, University of St Andrews, St Andrews KY16 9SS
BMJ 331:1313-6. 2005..To examine users' attitudes to implementation of an electronic medical record system in Kaiser Permanente Hawaii...
- Improving quality through effective implementation of information technology in healthcareJohn Øvretveit
Medical Management Centre, The Karolinska Institute, Floor 5, Berzelius väg 3, Stockholm SE 17177, Sweden
Int J Qual Health Care 19:259-66. 2007..To draw on previous research, empirical data from this study is used to develop IT implementation theory...