Gregory W Ruhnke
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Mortality reduction among pneumonia patients still substantial despite the impact of coding changesGregory W Ruhnke
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Ill 60637, USA
Am J Med 126:266-9. 2013..However, a recent study suggested that this reduction may have been an artifact of case definition because more of the highest-risk patients were being coded under alternative principal diagnoses in recent years...
- Trends in mortality and medical spending in patients hospitalized for community-acquired pneumonia: 1993-2005Gregory W Ruhnke
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Med Care 48:1111-6. 2010..To understand the effect of efforts to improve quality and efficiency of care in CAP, we examined the trends in mortality and costs among hospitalized CAP patients...
- Marked reduction in 30-day mortality among elderly patients with community-acquired pneumoniaGregory W Ruhnke
Section of Hospital Medicine, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Med 124:171-178.e1. 2011..Over the last 2 decades, patient characteristics and clinical care have changed. To understand the impact of these changes, we quantified incidence and mortality trends among elderly adults...
- A most unusual patient at the Massachusetts General HospitalGregory W Ruhnke
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Ann Surg 254:845-9. 2011..We hope this unusual Grand Rounds case intrigues you as it reminds you of Cushing's lesson and wishes you a joyous holiday season...
- Association of patient preferences for participation in decision making with length of stay and costs among hospitalized patientsHyo Jung Tak
Section of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
JAMA Intern Med 173:1195-205. 2013....