Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Gemfibrozil for the secondary prevention of coronary heart disease in men with low levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol. Veterans Affairs High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Intervention Trial Study GroupH B Rubins
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
N Engl J Med 341:410-8. 1999....
- Triglycerides and coronary heart disease: implications of recent clinical trialsH B Rubins
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, Minneapolis VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
J Cardiovasc Risk 7:339-45. 2000....
- Identification of clinical risk factors for nosocomial pneumococcal bacteremiaJ B Rubins
Department of Pulmonary Disease, and Center for Chronic Diseases Outcome Research, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
Clin Infect Dis 29:178-83. 1999..5%, compared with 1.2% among nonbacteremic controls (P < .00001). We conclude that NPB is a highly lethal infection that is associated with distinct but identifiable clinical risks, symptoms, and signs...
- Cholesterol in patients with coronary heart disease: how low should we go?H B Rubins
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
J Gen Intern Med 10:464-71. 1995....
- Carotid atherosclerosis in men with low levels of HDL cholesterolT J Wilt
Section of General Internal Medicine, Minneapolis Veterans Affairs VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Stroke 28:1919-25. 1997..This article describes the prevalence and correlates of sonographically detected carotid atherosclerosis in men with low levels of HDL-C and CHD but without elevated levels of LDL-C or total cholesterol...
- Ancillary Study Data Analysis in VA-HITHANNA RUBINS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Written documentation that the data will be available to us is included in the letter from Dr. Peter Peduzzi of the VA Cooperative Studies Program. ..