Michael A Rubin
Affiliation: University of Utah
- A simulation-based assessment of strategies to control Clostridium difficile transmission and infectionMichael A Rubin
Department of Internal Medicine, George E Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e80671. 2013..Although "bundled" interventions have been proposed and promoted, optimal control strategies remain unknown...
- Identification of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus within the nation's Veterans Affairs medical centers using natural language processingMakoto Jones
VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:34. 2012..Assembling complete and correct microbiology data is vital to understanding and addressing the multiple drug-resistant organisms in our hospitals...
- Use of a personal digital assistant for managing antibiotic prescribing for outpatient respiratory tract infections in rural communitiesMichael A Rubin
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, 300 North 1900 East, Room AC 230A, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 13:627-34. 2006..To assess the acceptability and usage of a standalone personal digital assistant (PDA)-based clinical decision-support system (CDSS) for the diagnosis and management of acute respiratory tract infections (RTIs) in the outpatient setting...
- A multifaceted intervention to improve antimicrobial prescribing for upper respiratory tract infections in a small rural communityMichael A Rubin
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Clin Infect Dis 40:546-53. 2005..Antibiotic prescribing for upper respiratory tract infections (URTIs) is widespread, is often inappropriate, and may contribute to antibiotic resistance among community-acquired pathogens, such as Streptococcus pneumoniae...
- Double trouble: how big a problem is redundant anaerobic antibiotic coverage in Veterans Affairs medical centres?Benedikt Huttner
VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, IDEAS Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84148, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:1537-9. 2012..To assess the prevalence of, and the variation in, avoidable use of metronidazole in the Veterans Affairs (VA) healthcare system..
- Drugs of last resort? The use of polymyxins and tigecycline at US Veterans Affairs medical centers, 2005-2010Benedikt Huttner
VA Salt Lake City Health Care System and University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e36649. 2012..Polymyxin use in particular is associated with the presence of MDR Gram-negative pathogens and may be useful as a surveillance measure in the future...
- Clinical decision support and appropriateness of antimicrobial prescribing: a randomized trialMatthew H Samore
VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, USA
JAMA 294:2305-14. 2005..The impact of clinical decision support systems (CDSS) on antimicrobial prescribing in ambulatory settings has not previously been evaluated...
- Influenza, Winter Olympiad, 2002Adi V Gundlapalli
University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:144-6. 2006..Influenza A/B was diagnosed in 36 of 188 patients, including 13 athletes. Prompt management limited the spread of this outbreak...
- Parenteral to oral conversion of fluoroquinolones: low-hanging fruit for antimicrobial stewardship programs?Makoto Jones
IDEAS Center, VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, Salt Lake City, Utah 84148, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 33:362-7. 2012..To estimate avoidable intravenous (IV) fluoroquinolone use in Veterans Affairs (VA) hospitals...
- Agreement in classifying bloodstream infections among multiple reviewers conducting surveillanceJeanmarie Mayer
University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, USA
Clin Infect Dis 55:364-70. 2012..We aim to characterize agreement among infection preventionists (IPs) conducting surveillance for central line-associated bloodstream infection (CLABSI) with each other and as compared with simplified laboratory-based definitions...
- Long-term care facilities in Utah: a description of human and information technology resources applied to infection control practiceMakoto Jones
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Am J Infect Control 40:446-50. 2012..We assessed the IC human resources, IT infrastructure, and IC scope of practice at LTCFs in Utah...
- Dissemination and sustainability of a hospital-wide hand hygiene program emphasizing positive reinforcementJeanmarie Mayer
Division of Epidemiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:59-66. 2011..To increase and sustain hospital-wide compliance with hand hygiene through a long-term ongoing multidimensional improvement program emphasizing behavioral factors...
- Caspofungin in combination with itraconazole for the treatment of invasive aspergillosis in humansMichael A Rubin
Clin Infect Dis 34:1160-1. 2002
- Antibiotic use and bacteriuria in the rural nursing homeMichael Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..