Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Alleles at the Nicastrin locus modify presenilin 1- deficiency phenotypeRichard Rozmahel
Center for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 1A8
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:14452-7. 2002..The dissociation of Notch S3-site and APP gamma-site cleavage activities will facilitate development of gamma-secretase inhibitors for treatment of Alzheimer's disease...
- Dissociated phenotypes in presenilin transgenic mice define functionally distinct gamma-secretasesPeter Mastrangelo
Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 3H2
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:8972-7. 2005..Instead, our studies define functionally distinct gamma-secretase variants. We speculate that extrinsic components, in combination with core complexes, may tailor functional variants of this enzyme to their preferred substrates...
- Loss of nicastrin elicits an apoptotic phenotype in mouse embryosVan Nguyen
Dept of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Brain Res 1086:76-84. 2006....
- Differential display analysis of presenilin 1-deficient mouse brainsJennifer Liauw
Center for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 109:56-62. 2002....
- Generation and functional characterization of arylamine N-acetyltransferase Nat1/Nat2 double-knockout miceKim S Sugamori
Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Medical Sciences Building 1, King s College Circle, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Mol Pharmacol 64:170-9. 2003..This knockout mouse model should be helpful in delineating the role that variation in acetylating enzymes plays in mediating interindividual differences in susceptibility to arylamine-induced chemical toxicity and/or carcinogenesis...
- Mouse genome modificationRichard Rozmahel
Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Methods Mol Med 89:529-44. 2003
- Detection of modifier loci influencing the lung phenotype of cystic fibrosis knockout miceChristina K Haston
Program of Genetics and Genomic Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Mamm Genome 13:605-13. 2002..Most of these putative loci are specific to the sex of the animals. These results suggest that multiple genes can influence the severity of CF lung disease in mice...