Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Incidence and localization of ectopic parathyroid adenomas in previously unexplored patientsMadhuchhanda Roy
Section of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, 3028 Wisconsin Institute of Medical Research, 1111 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, USA
World J Surg 37:102-6. 2013....
- Current understanding and management of medullary thyroid cancerMadhuchhanda Roy
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Oncologist 18:1093-100. 2013..A review of recent guidelines on the extent and timing of surgical excision is discussed. There are not very many effective systemic treatment options for MTC, but several emerging therapeutic targets have promise. ..
- Persistent hypertension after adrenalectomy for an aldosterone-producing adenoma: weight as a critical prognostic factor for aldosterone's lasting effect on the cardiac and vascular systemsYvette Carter
Department of Surgery, Section of Endocrine Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Surg Res 177:241-7. 2012..Here, we review the immediate and long-term medical outcomes of laparoscopic adrenalectomy in patients with an APA, and attempt to identify any distinctive sex differences in the management of resistant HTN...
- Azacytidine induces cell cycle arrest and suppression of neuroendocrine markers in carcinoidsVinita M Alexander
Endocrine Surgery Research Laboratory, Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Int J Clin Exp Med 3:95-102. 2010..The results suggest that DNMTIs may be a novel class of therapeutic agents that can effectively control tumor growth and the release of bioactive peptides in patients with NETs...
- Is DVT prophylaxis necessary for thyroidectomy and parathyroidectomy?Madhuchhanda Roy
Department of Surgery, Section of Endocrine Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Surgery 148:1163-8; discussion 1168-9. 2010..Pharmacologic DVT prophylaxis perioperatively might increase the risk of bleeding complications. Our goal was to study the risk/benefit ratio of DVT prophylaxis in patients who undergo thyroidectomy and parathyroidectomy...