NEIL EDWARD ROWLAND
Affiliation: University of Florida
- Rowland N, Crump E, Nguyen N, Robertson K, Sun Z, Booth R. Effect of (-)-trans-PAT, a novel 5-HT2C receptor agonist, on intake of palatable food in mice. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2008;91:176-80 pubmed publisher....
- Minaya D, Rowland N, Robertson K. Effect of day-night cycle on distribution of food intake and economic choice among imposed food opportunities in mice. Physiol Behav. 2016;164:395-9 pubmed publisher..Mice consumed II food only if it was available during the dark phase. Food intake was strongly linked to the light:dark cycle, largely independent of food cost. ..
- Rowland N, Mukherjee M, Robertson K. Effects of the cannabinoid receptor antagonist SR 141716, alone and in combination with dexfenfluramine or naloxone, on food intake in rats. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2001;159:111-6 pubmed....
- Rowland N, Cansler K, Kim E, Pawlik N, Robertson K. Flavor avoidance induced by LiCl and dexfenfluramine in rats and mice using nondeprivation protocols. Behav Neurosci. 2002;116:777-84 pubmed..Compared with rats, mice required higher doses of these agents, avoidance was not complete after many pairings, and there was no generalization to the CS-...
- Rowland N, Schaub J, Robertson K, Andreasen A, Haskell Luevano C. Effect of MTII on food intake and brain c-Fos in melanocortin-3, melanocortin-4, and double MC3 and MC4 receptor knockout mice. Peptides. 2010;31:2314-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that both receptor subtypes are involved in the behavioral action of MTII, and that the critical receptors are in different brain regions. ..
- Rowland N, Robertson K, Cadiz E, Kenney J, Kwiatkowski V. Action of a serotonergic anorectic in meal-fed mice working for food. Behav Pharmacol. 2012;23:560-6 pubmed publisher..Within a meal, the effect of the drug was the greatest in the first half of the available time. Therefore, the anorectic effect of DNOR was modified by the concurrent cost of food...
- Minaya D, Robertson K, Rowland N. Circadian and economic factors affect food acquisition in rats restricted to discrete feeding opportunities. Physiol Behav. 2017;181:10-15 pubmed publisher..These data are discussed in terms of economic and Zeitgeber effects on consumption when food is available intermittently, and are contrasted with results from comparable protocols in mice. ..
- Rowland N, Cervantez M, Robertson K. Temporal relationships between food acquisition and voluntary exercise in mice. Behav Processes. 2017;145:37-43 pubmed publisher..The results show that increased eating due to WR occurs concurrently with maximum running, and with no evidence of delayed compensation...