Affiliation: University of California
- Developmental genetics of vertebrate glial-cell specificationDavid H Rowitch
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Nature 468:214-22. 2010..Gaining insight into the developmental genetics of macroglia has great potential to improve our understanding of a variety of neurological disorders in humans...
- Inhibition of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase destabilizes Mycn protein and blocks malignant progression in neuroblastomaLouis Chesler
Department of Neurology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cancer Res 66:8139-46. 2006....
- Neurocritical care for neonatesHannah C Glass
Department of Neurology, University of California, Box 0663, 521 Parnassus Avenue, C 215, San Francisco, CA 94143 0663, USA
Neurocrit Care 12:421-9. 2010..To describe the concept, implementation, patient characteristics, and preliminary outcomes of a Neonatal Neurocritical Care Service (NNCS) recently established at the University of California, San Francisco...
- Dlx1 and Dlx2 control neuronal versus oligodendroglial cell fate acquisition in the developing forebrainMagdalena A Petryniak
Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158 2611, USA
Neuron 55:417-33. 2007..Our results identify another role for Dlx genes as modulators of neuron versus oligodendrocyte development in the ventral embryonic forebrain...
- Origin of oligodendrocytes in the subventricular zone of the adult brainBenedicte Menn
Department of Neurosurgery and Developmental and Stem Cell Biology Program, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Neurosci 26:7907-18. 2006..Our work identifies SVZ type B cells as progenitors of oligodendrocytes in normal and injured adult brain...
- OLIG2 is differentially expressed in pediatric astrocytic and in ependymal neoplasmsJosé Javier Otero
Division of Neuropathology, Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Neurooncol 104:423-38. 2011....
- Overcoming remyelination failure in multiple sclerosis and other myelin disordersStephen P J Fancy
Department of Pediatrics, Eli and Edyth Broad Institute for Stem Cell Research and Regeneration Medicine and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Exp Neurol 225:18-23. 2010....
- Oligodendrocyte PTEN is required for myelin and axonal integrity, not remyelinationEmily P Harrington
Department of Pediatrics, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Ann Neurol 68:703-16. 2010....
- Cellular and Genetic Origins of AstrocytesDavid H Rowitch; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- OLIGODENDROCYTE LINEAGE GENE FUNCTION IN THE CNSDavid Rowitch; Fiscal Year: 2009..Identification of regulatory factors for glial progenitor cell specification and differentiation will have practical overtones for the therapy of glial-based diseases such as multiple sclerosis and malignant glioma. ..
- Mechanisms of hedge-hog induced neuroproliferationDavid Rowitch; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, elucidation of novel intra- and intercellular interactions of Hedgehog signaling during CNS development could provide clues for therapeutic intervention in human tumors. ..
- OLIGODENDROCYTE LINEAGE GENE FUNCTION IN THE CNSDavid Rowitch; Fiscal Year: 2003..In particular, the work may shed light on the molecular phenotype of glial tumors and point to possible new therapies. ..
- OLIGODENDROCYTE LINEAGE GENE FUNCTION IN THE CNSDavid H Rowitch; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The proposed work may shed light on molecular mechanisms that regulate neural progenitors in malignant gliomas, spinal cord injury and demyelinating diseases. ..