Kyle O Rove
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Role of testosterone in managing advanced prostate cancerKyle O Rove
University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO, USA
Urology 80:754-62. 2012..Incorporating this information, we have made recommendations incorporating testosterone evaluation and its effect on the clinical decision-making process...
- Randomized controlled screening trials for prostate cancer using prostate-specific antigen: a tale of contrastsKyle O Rove
Division of Urology, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Mail Stop F710, P O Box 6510, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
World J Urol 30:137-42. 2012..This report aims to clarify the issues specific to the PSA test, prostate cancer, sources of bias, and the future of screening...
- Evolution of treatment options for patients with CRPC and bone metastases: bone-targeted agents that go beyond palliation of symptoms to improve overall survivalKyle O Rove
Section of Urologic Oncology, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 25:1362-70, 1375-81, 1387. 2011....
- Clinical-pathologic correlation between transperineal mapping biopsies of the prostate and three-dimensional reconstruction of prostatectomy specimensE David Crawford
Division of Urology, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado
Prostate 73:778-87. 2013....
- Prostate-specific antigen 1.5-4.0 ng/mL: a diagnostic challenge and danger zoneE David Crawford
University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, 80045, USA
BJU Int 108:1743-9. 2011..This study examines a larger number of men in a diverse US population to determine the prognostic value of a man's baseline or first PSA...
- Diagnostic Performance of PCA3 to Detect Prostate Cancer in Men with Increased Prostate Specific Antigen: A Prospective Study of 1,962 CasesE David Crawford
University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado Electronic address
J Urol 188:1726-31. 2012..We investigated the value of the PCA3 (prostate cancer gene 3) urine test in predicting the likelihood of diagnosis of cancer before biopsy...
- The role of 3-dimensional mapping biopsy in decision making for treatment of apparent early stage prostate cancerAl B Barqawi
Division of Urology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Urol 186:80-5. 2011..We determined the impact of a grid based, transperineal 3-dimensional mapping biopsy on decision making for primary management of early stage prostate cancer...
- Androgen annihilation as a new therapeutic paradigm in advanced prostate cancerKyle O Rove
University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Division of Urology, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Curr Opin Urol 23:208-13. 2013..New US Food and Drugs Administration approved pharmaceutical agents further eliminate testosterone ligand or its activity via inhibition of key synthetic enzymes and through strong inhibition of the androgen receptor...
- Potentiation of mitomycin C tumoricidal activity for transitional cell carcinoma by histone deacetylase inhibitors in vitroAbdalla Ali Deb
Program in Urosciences, Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Urol 186:2426-33. 2011..We examined the effect of the combination of valproic acid and mitomycin C on human bladder cancer cells in vitro and compared this to the effect of valproic acid or mitomycin C alone on the cells...
- The computerized rounding report: implementation of a model system to support transitions of careMax V Wohlauer
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Surg Res 172:11-7. 2012..Patient safety is an issue with this new paradigm. We hypothesized that computerized sign-out would improve resident efficiency...
- A renaissance in the medical treatment of advanced prostate cancerKyle O Rove
Division of Urology, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 24:1308-13, 1318. 2010..In recent years, however, new therapies have begun to emerge to treat this devastating form of prostate cancer. This review examines the mechanisms behind these therapeutics and the key trials seeking to validate their clinical use...
- High-intensity focused ultrasound: ready for primetimeKyle O Rove
Division of Urology, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, 12631 East 17th Avenue, Mailstop C302, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Urol Clin North Am 37:27-35, Table of Contents. 2010..The HIFU technique, its mechanism of action, patient selection, current efficacy studies, complications, follow-up after HIFU treatment, and future developments are discussed...
- Metastatic cancer in solid tumors and clinical outcome: skeletal-related eventsKyle O Rove
University of Colorado Cancer Center, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 23:21-7. 2009....