Dennis L Rousseau
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Revised American Joint Committee on Cancer staging criteria accurately predict sentinel lymph node positivity in clinically node-negative melanoma patientsDennis L Rousseau
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 10:569-74. 2003..Given the significant association of SLN status and survival, the ability of the revised AJCC staging system to predict survival is likely due to its ability to predict the risk of occult nodal disease...
- Overview of anal cancer for the surgeonDennis L Rousseau
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, Mail Code 7738, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 13:249-62. 2004..Surgical intervention is focused on local disease control with preservation of sphincter function. The biggest improvements in survival for this disease will come with more effective systemic therapy...
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canalDennis L Rousseau
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Surg Oncol 14:121-32. 2005..The surgeon plays a key role in the diagnosis and follow-up of this disease. Surgical salvage with APR for disease persistence or recurrence in carefully selected patients can result in reasonable 5-year survivals...
- Colorectal cancer in Hispanics: a population at risk for earlier onset, advanced disease, and decreased survivalDimitrios Stefanidis
Department of Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 29:123-6. 2006..Modification of screening criteria and treatment paradigms may be required for Hispanics...
- Safety and efficacy of metallic stents in the management of colorectal obstructionDimitrios Stefanidis
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78229-3900, USA
JSLS 9:454-9. 2005..Further prospective randomized studies are necessary to fully elucidate the use of stents in the management of colorectal cancer...
- Neoplastic conversion of human colon smooth muscle cells: No requirement for telomeraseSitai Liang
Department of Physiology, Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78245, USA
Mol Carcinog 47:478-84. 2008..These experiments on human colon smooth muscle cells support the concept that Ras(G12V) and SV40 TAg form a minimal set of genes that can convert normal human cells to cancer cells without a requirement for hTERT...
- The new staging system for cutaneous melanoma in the era of lymphatic mappingDennis L Rousseau
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Semin Oncol 31:415-25. 2004..In this article, the salient features of the revised melanoma staging system are examined, with specific attention paid to its use in this era of lymphatic mapping and SLN biopsy...
- Accuracy of lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymph node biopsy after previous wide local excision in patients with primary melanomaChristopher J Gannon
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 107:2647-52. 2006....