Affiliation: University of Tennessee
- Giménez F, Bhela S, Dogra P, Harvey L, Varanasi S, Jaggi U, et al. The inflammasome NLRP3 plays a protective role against a viral immunopathological lesion. J Leukoc Biol. 2016;99:647-57 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results indicate that NLRP3 has a regulatory and beneficial role in herpetic stromal keratitis pathogenesis. ..
- Rajasagi N, Rouse B. IL-2 complex treatment amplifies CD8+ T cell mediated immunity following herpes simplex virus-1 infection. Microbes Infect. 2016;18:735-746 pubmed publisher..Taken, together, these studies demonstrate that IL-2 complex therapy can be useful to boost protection against a cutaneous virus infection. ..
- Rajasagi N, Bhela S, Varanasi S, Rouse B. Frontline Science: Aspirin-triggered resolvin D1 controls herpes simplex virus-induced corneal immunopathology. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:1159-1171 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that AT-RvD1 treatment could represent a useful strategy for the management of virus-induced immunopathological lesions. ..
- Bhela S, Varanasi S, Jaggi U, Sloan S, Rajasagi N, Rouse B. The Plasticity and Stability of Regulatory T Cells during Viral-Induced Inflammatory Lesions. J Immunol. 2017;199:1342-1352 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that CD25lo Treg and iTreg instability occurs during a viral immunoinflammatory lesion and that its control may help to avoid lesion chronicity. ..
- Varanasi S, Rouse B. How host metabolism impacts on virus pathogenesis. Curr Opin Virol. 2017;28:37-42 pubmed publisher..The case is also made for metabolic profiling as a potential tool to predict the outcome of a virus infection and to guide therapies that enhance host resistance...