A J Rothschild
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- The Rothschild Scale for Antidepressant Tachyphylaxis: reliability and validityAnthony J Rothschild
Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School and UMassMemorial Healthcare, Inc, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Compr Psychiatry 49:508-13. 2008..To address this problem, the development and assessment of the Rothschild Scale for Antidepressant Tachyphylaxis (RSAT) are described...
- Comparison of the frequency of behavioral disinhibition on alprazolam, clonazepam, or no benzodiazepine in hospitalized psychiatric patientsA J Rothschild
Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 20:7-11. 2000....
- Sexual side effects of antidepressantsA J Rothschild
Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01605, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:28-36. 2000..Switching to antidepressants that cause sexual dysfunction at lower rates and data comparing rates of sexual dysfunction among antidepressants are discussed...
- Missed diagnosis of psychotic depression at 4 academic medical centersAnthony J Rothschild
Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, and UMass Memorial Healthcare, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:1293-6. 2008..Major depressive disorder with psychotic features (psychotic depression), though occurring relatively frequently in the general population, is a commonly missed psychiatric diagnosis...
- How long should patients with psychotic depression stay on the antipsychotic medication?Anthony J Rothschild
Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, 01605, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:390-6. 2003..Despite the frequent relapse and recurrence in major depression with psychotic features, there are few studies of the efficacy of continuation and maintenance treatments...
- A double-blind, randomized study of olanzapine and olanzapine/fluoxetine combination for major depression with psychotic featuresAnthony J Rothschild
Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:365-73. 2004....
- Olanzapine and haloperidol in first episode psychosis: two-year dataA I Green
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, DHMC, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Schizophr Res 86:234-43. 2006..The data from this study suggest some clinical benefits for olanzapine as compared to haloperidol in first episode patients, which must be weighed against those adverse effects that are more likely with olanzapine...
- Neuropsychological deficits in psychotic versus nonpsychotic major depression and no mental illnessA F Schatzberg
Department of Psychiatry, Stanford University, CA 94305 5717, USA
Am J Psychiatry 157:1095-100. 2000..The current study explored specific impairments in cognitive function in subjects with psychotic major depression, subjects with nonpsychotic major depression, and healthy comparison subjects studied under drug-free conditions...
- Demonstration of the efficacy and safety of a novel substance P (NK1) receptor antagonist in major depressionMark S Kramer
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:385-92. 2004..Antidepressant actions have now been observed with two different highly selective NK(1) antagonists (aprepitant and L-759274). NK(1) antagonism is a replicated and generally well-tolerated antidepressant mechanism...
- Weight gain during olanzapine treatment for psychotic depression: effects of dose and ageEric Smith
Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 23:130-7. 2008..14-1.05 kg). Cumulative olanzapine dose was also significantly associated with weight gain (P<0.0001). Approximately 60% of completers of the 12-week trial experienced clinically significant weight gain (> or =7% of baseline weight)...
- The Prevention of Recurrent Episodes of Depression with Venlafaxine for Two Years (PREVENT) Study: Outcomes from the 2-year and combined maintenance phasesMartin B Keller
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University, Providence, RI 02906, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:1246-56. 2007..To report second-year results from the 2-year maintenance phase of a long-term study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of venlafaxine extended release (ER) in preventing recurrence of depression...
- The Prevention of Recurrent Episodes of Depression with Venlafaxine for Two Years (PREVENT) study: outcomes from the acute and continuation phasesMartin B Keller
Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:1371-9. 2007..We evaluated the comparative efficacy and safety of venlafaxine extended release (ER) and fluoxetine in the acute and continuation phases of treatment...
- Prevention of recurrent episodes of depression with venlafaxine ER in a 1-year maintenance phase from the PREVENT StudyJames H Kocsis
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10012, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:1014-23. 2007..To test the long-term efficacy and safety of venlafaxine extended-release (ER) in preventing recurrence in patients with major depression...
- Persisting low use of antipsychotics in the treatment of major depressive disorder with psychotic featuresCarmen Andreescu
Department of Psychiatry, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:194-200. 2007..We assessed the extent to which the pharmacotherapy received by patients with MD-Psy under usual care conforms to these recommendations...
- A delusion assessment scale for psychotic major depression: Reliability, validity, and utilityBarnett S Meyers
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York Presbyterian Hospital Westchester Division, West Chester, New York 10605, USA
Biol Psychiatry 60:1336-42. 2006..The development and assessment of the Delusional Assessment Scale (DAS) are described...
- Challenges in the treatment of depression with psychotic featuresAnthony J Rothschild
Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Biol Psychiatry 53:680-90. 2003..Many questions regarding the acute and long-term treatment of MDpsy remain for future studies to address...
- Placebo response in psychotic depressionAnthony J Rothschild
J Clin Psychiatry 66:1615; author reply 1615-6. 2005
- Correlates of suicidality among patients with psychotic depressionAyal Schaffer
Department of Psychiatry, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Suicide Life Threat Behav 38:403-14. 2008..These findings reinforce the evidence that patients with psychotic depression are at high risk for suicide and underscore the importance of examining correlates of suicidality specific to patients with psychotic depression...
- Psychiatric outcomes following medical and surgical abortionDorothy Sit
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA 15213, USA
Hum Reprod 22:878-84. 2007..The objectives were to determine post-abortion depression risk, evaluate risk factors for post-abortion depression and to explore the relationship between cortisol and depression...
- A review of postpartum psychosisDorothy Sit
University of Pittsburgh, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 15:352-68. 2006..The objective is to provide an overview of the clinical features, prognosis, differential diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of postpartum psychosis...
- An open label trial of C-1073 (mifepristone) for psychotic major depressionJoseph K Belanoff
Corcept Therapeutics Inc, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA
Biol Psychiatry 52:386-92. 2002..The rationale for treating patients with psychotic major depression (PMD) with glucocorticosteroid receptor (GR) antagonists is explained...
- Conflict-of-interest chargeAnthony J Rothschild
Am J Psychiatry 161:1721-2; discussion 1722. 2004
- Acute Pharmacotherapy of Unipolar Psychotic DepressionANTHONY ROTHSCHILD; Fiscal Year: 2006..Remitted subjects are also followed during stabilization to determine the stability of remission and predictors of clinical and functional deterioration. ..