Ann Marie Rosland
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Family influences on self-management among functionally independent adults with diabetes or heart failure: do family members hinder as much as they help?Ann Marie Rosland
Center for Clinical Management Research, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Chronic Illn 6:22-33. 2010..We then identified patient characteristics associated with family support and family barriers and how each was associated with self-management adherence...
- A piece of mind. Assuming the worstAnn-Marie Rosland
JAMA 299:144-5. 2008
- Family and friend participation in primary care visits of patients with diabetes or heart failure: patient and physician determinants and experiencesAnn Marie Rosland
Veterans Affairs Center for Clinical Management Research, VA Ann Arbor Health Care System, Ann Arbor, MI 48113 0170, USA
Med Care 49:37-45. 2011..Little is known about the current level of participation of family and friends in the physician visits of adults with chronic illnesses or how that participation affects the experience of patients and physicians...
- Emerging models for mobilizing family support for chronic disease management: a structured reviewAnn Marie Rosland
Center for Clinical Management Research, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, USA
Chronic Illn 6:7-21. 2010..We then summarize evidence regarding the efficacy for each model identified...
- When is social support important? The association of family support and professional support with specific diabetes self-management behaviorsAnn Marie Rosland
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:1992-9. 2008..Social support is associated with better diabetes self-management behavior (SMB), yet interventions to increase family and friend support (FF support) have had inconsistent effects on SMB...
- Engagement with automated patient monitoring and self-management support calls: experience with a thousand chronically ill patientsJohn D Piette
Department of Veterans Affairs, Center for Clinical Management Research, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2800, USA
Med Care 51:216-23. 2013..Patient self-care support via Interactive Voice Response (IVR) can improve disease management. However, little is known about the factors affecting program engagement...
- Providing support to relatives and friends managing both chronic physical illness and depression: the views of a national sample of U.S. adultsMary R Janevic
University of Michigan School of Public Health, Center for Managing Chronic Disease and Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, Ann Arbor, MI 48103 2029, USA
Patient Educ Couns 89:191-8. 2012..To describe how comorbid depression in chronically ill adults affects the willingness of their family and friends to provide them with illness management support...
- The impact of family behaviors and communication patterns on chronic illness outcomes: a systematic reviewAnn Marie Rosland
Department of Veterans Affairs, Ann Arbor VA Center for Clinical Management Research, 2215 Fuller Road, Mailstop 152, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Behav Med 35:221-39. 2012..Findings suggest that future interventions aiming to improve chronic illness outcomes should emphasize increased family use of attentive coping techniques and family support for the patient's autonomous motivation...
- Patient-caregiver concordance in symptom assessment and improvement in outcomes for patients undergoing cancer chemotherapyMaria J Silveira
VA Center for Clinical Management Research, PO Box 130170, Ann Arbor, MI 48113, USA
Chronic Illn 6:46-56. 2010..To measure the agreement between cancer patients' and family caregivers' perceptions of the patients' symptom severity, and the association between changes in caregiver accuracy and changes in outcomes...
- The case for involving adult children outside of the household in the self-management support of older adults with chronic illnessesJohn D Piette
VA Center for Clinical Management Research, 300 North Ingalls, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Chronic Illn 6:34-45. 2010....
- Effectiveness of a community health worker intervention among African American and Latino adults with type 2 diabetes: a randomized controlled trialMichael S Spencer
University of Michigan, School of Social Work, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1106, USA
Am J Public Health 101:2253-60. 2011..We tested the effectiveness of a culturally tailored, behavioral theory-based community health worker intervention for improving glycemic control...
- Medication cost problems among chronically ill adults in the US: did the financial crisis make a bad situation even worse?John D Piette
Ann Arbor VA Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Patient Prefer Adherence 5:187-94. 2011..Given links between CRN and worse health, the financial downturn may have had significant health consequences for adults with chronic illness...
- Beliefs that influence cost-related medication non-adherence among the "haves" and "have nots" with chronic diseasesJohn D Piette
Ann Arbor VA Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA and the University of Michigan Medical School, Department of Internal Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Patient Prefer Adherence 5:389-96. 2011..The primary goal of this study was to explore how patients' beliefs about the necessity of treatment and treatment side effects, influence cost-related non-adherence (CRN)...