Affiliation: University of California
- Tumor necrosis factor-α synthesis inhibitor 3,6'-dithiothalidomide attenuates markers of inflammation, Alzheimer pathology and behavioral deficits in animal models of neuroinflammation and Alzheimer's diseaseDavid Tweedie
Laboratory of Neurosciences, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Neuroinflammation 9:106. 2012..Elevated TNF-α levels are commonly detected in the clinic and animal models of AD...
- TNF-α protein synthesis inhibitor restores neuronal function and reverses cognitive deficits induced by chronic neuroinflammationKarim Belarbi
Brain and Spinal Injury Center, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
J Neuroinflammation 9:23. 2012..Our study was aimed to evaluate the therapeutic potential of a novel analog of thalidomide, 3,6'-dithiothalidomide (DT), an agent with anti-TNF-α activity, in a model of chronic neuroinflammation...
- Trauma-induced alterations in cognition and Arc expression are reduced by previous exposure to 56Fe irradiationSusanna Rosi
Brain and Spinal Injury Center, University of California, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
Hippocampus 22:544-54. 2012..e., irradiation) induces tolerance to a subsequent and potentially more damaging insult (trauma)...
- Neuroinflammation and the plasticity-related immediate-early gene ArcSusanna Rosi
Brain and Spinal Injury Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Brain Behav Immun 25:S39-49. 2011..This review discusses the use of Arc expression during activation of the innate immune system as a valid marker of altered plasticity and a predictor of cognitive dysfunction...
- Accuracy of hippocampal network activity is disrupted by neuroinflammation: rescue by memantineS Rosi
Brain and Spinal Injury Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Brain 132:2464-77. 2009....
- Cranial irradiation alters the behaviorally induced immediate-early gene arc (activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein)Susanna Rosi
Brain and Spinal Injury Center, Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
Cancer Res 68:9763-70. 2008..These findings are the first to show that local brain irradiation initiates changes in hippocampal neurons that disrupt the activity patterns (Arc expression) associated with neuroplasticity and memory...
- Memantine protects against LPS-induced neuroinflammation, restores behaviorally-induced gene expression and spatial learning in the ratS Rosi
Arizona Research Laboratories, Division of Neural Systems, Memory, and Aging, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Neuroscience 142:1303-15. 2006..Combined, these findings suggest that low, therapeutically relevant doses of memantine delivered early in the development of neuroinflammation-influenced diseases may confer neural and cognitive protection...
- Anti-inflammatory property of the cannabinoid agonist WIN-55212-2 in a rodent model of chronic brain inflammationY Marchalant
Arizona Research Laboratories, Division of Neural Systems Memory and Aging, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Neuroscience 144:1516-22. 2007....
- Chemokine receptor 5 antagonist D-Ala-peptide T-amide reduces microglia and astrocyte activation within the hippocampus in a neuroinflammatory rat model of Alzheimer's diseaseS Rosi
Arizona Research Laboratories Division of Neural Systems, Memory and Aging, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Neuroscience 134:671-6. 2005..The present study suggests that DAPTA and other CCR5 antagonists may attenuate critical aspects of the neuroinflammation associated with Alzheimer's disease...
- The toxicity of tumor necrosis factor-alpha upon cholinergic neurons within the nucleus basalis and the role of norepinephrine in the regulation of inflammation: implications for Alzheimer's diseaseG L Wenk
Arizona Research Laboratories, Division of Neural Systems, Memory and Aging, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Neuroscience 121:719-29. 2003..The results suggest that noradrenergic cell loss in Alzheimer's disease does not augment the consequences of the chronic neuroinflammation and does not enhance neurodegeneration of forebrain cholinergic neurons...
- Brain Irradiation Affects Neuronal FunctionSusanna Rosi; Fiscal Year: 2010..These types of data are currently unavailable and are essential for determining the risks of specific central nervous system related effects and for the development of potential strategies to manage radiation-mediated brain injury. ..